Colorado

Hi Colorado "chicken people"! :)
I am working on putting together a group of individuals who are interested in collaborating on formulating a organic/non-gmo chicken feed (and other livestock feeds). There are a number of nutritional topics on the docket to discuss, as well as logistics with sourcing, producing, etc.
If you are interested in joining us, or know any any possible resources in the area, please let me know!

Anyone need keets? Last night I noticed on of my lavender hens was missing. Found her. I counted 30 eggs. Probably more. Don't know how long she has been sitting. I have a mix of pearl, white and lavender. If anyone is interested, let me know. If they successfully hatch, I'll need to get rid of most of them.
I would be interested in the meets. Let me know. :)

I just put 30 keets in the brooder this morning. There are several different colors: pearl, buff, coral blue, lavender, chocolate, purple and some pied. They are for sale for pick up only. Send me a PM if interested.

COChix, we're starting to get some too. I picked my first Listada de Gandia eggplant yesterday! We made tomato and basil chicken yesterday from the garden. Mmmmm, it's summer. On a more sour note, my fatty, greedy hen broke into the garden, the first jailbreak this year. With 35 tomato plants laden with tomatoes, peppers, corn, squash, and tons of grasshoppers...she had to go for the biggest heirloom tomato in the garden, what would have been a 2 lbs. beauty.
nice looking veggies there,your dinner sounded yummy! Yes it is summer, boy I though we put in a lot of tomatoes 16, but you got us beat. You got plans for all of yours? I will be looking to can a good amount of ours. Now that the heat has hit, things are popping now. I have a bunch of Spilanthes and German Chamomile I gotta harvest as well. Wow that #2 tomatoes, I can only hope for one that big. Thanks for sharing!

Happy Sunday Co peeps! Here are some shots of free range time, just seeing a lot of their feathering change and develop more. We believe we have probably 2 roosters from our rainbow pack from Meyer. We purchased two buff orph roosters and not sure what we will do at this point. Everyone is getting along and their is one Red that I have been making a point to pick up everyday and touch. He (if he is indeed a he!) follows me a around a bit. Been reading on how to sex based on plumage. Anybody have input on the RR pictured here?

All boy. You can see the start of saddle and sickle feathers.

I will let everyone know about the keets. I now have 3 hens on about 45 eggs. They must of just started when I noticed one was missing so that would put them hatching around Aug 10th.

Back
Top Bottom