Coloring help

Fallenone05

Crowing
8 Years
Oct 7, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Hey guys! I hatched some eggs about three weeks ago and one is really catching my eye. I've never had a bird colored like this one in my times hatching and I'm really curious about it.

The genetics are a BLRW cock x EE hens of various colors.

Hatch Day
IMG_20210316_181221.jpg

A week later
IMG_20210325_181402.jpg

Around three weeks old
IMG_20210403_130301.jpg
IMG_20210403_130334.jpg

Thanks for the advice in advance! If I need to take pictures of the hens to figure out if we can guess who, then just let me know!

What a gorgeous chick!
It looks to me like you have something like spangling going on.
On the shoulders I see white feather tips then a black band then your gold colour and what looks like a blue ground colour. Altogether the combination is beautiful.

Please continue to post pictures!!!

What a gorgeous chick!
It looks to me like you have something like spangling going on.
On the shoulders I see white feather tips then a black band then your gold colour and what looks like a blue ground colour. Altogether the combination is beautiful.

Please continue to post pictures!!!

Thank you!! I definitely will. When they dried and I could see their blue base I was so excited. I'm wondering if they're the offspring of the BLRW x a hen with barred leakage? I don't remember what she looked like as a chick, color wise, but I've always been super fond of the way she looks as an adult. (Pardon the poops in the picture 😂 they're so hard to avoid in their run)

IMG_20210403_131709.jpg

I've done a little fossicking around and I wonder if what you have there is "Blue Wheaten"?

Found this older thread from BYC which has a chick similar to yours..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/can-you-explain-the-difference-between-wheaten-and-blue-wheaten-to-me.679560/#:~:text=In the Blue Wheatens, the blue will replace,begin with. Look at their tails and wings.

My rooster was attacked by a dog and had to be put down, unfortunately, but I do have some images of him before he fully matured. He got a little larger afterward. His comb isn't the correct comb shape (should be a rose comb), but he was free and was saved from being culled.

IMG_20201222_154751.jpg

I think this hen is blue wheaten? Correct me if I'm wrong though please! I just realized my black hen has photo bombed nearly all the images of the chickens I have 😂 she has to be in front of everything.

IMG_20210403_131650.jpg

Back
Top Bottom