Comb development to first egg!

Pic of lavender araucana

A5902E90-FEF6-44DE-A34B-6DA44C27DFBB.jpeg

@Hellomylittleladies

I will post a pic when I get some eggs :)
@Hellomylittleladies @Sarzetta
please do post pics of blue eggs when you get them. I am not familiar with lavender birds but I might have a few considered lavender since I ordered an assortment from a hatchery. I will try to get a few pictures and see if you think they are lavender or something else. I can’t wait for colored eggs.

#1 might be lavender splash? The hatchery I ordered from had some of their own “breeds”. Not sure what color eggs to expect.
#3 and #4 look identical (lavender?) except #2 has red earlobes and #4 has white earlobes. I should not have received white egg layers from the hatchery but we’ll see. I ordered a colored laying assortment and a brown laying assortment.
#4 is ? Maybe Ameraucana or something similar.

Attachments

• IMG_4114.jpeg
    IMG_4114.jpeg
    663.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4112.jpeg
    IMG_4112.jpeg
    733 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4109.jpeg
    IMG_4109.jpeg
    577.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4101.jpeg
    IMG_4101.jpeg
    723 KB · Views: 9
@Draya

Yes 1 is a splash (lavender and some blue)
2 looks gold and blue (beautiful!) but I’m not sure what that is called.
3 and 4 seem blue (darker than lavender). I have a blue olive egger.

All of mine have red earlobes! I thought one had white but now they are red (she’s older). I can’t wait to see what colours we get!

@Draya

Yes 1 is a splash (lavender and some blue)
2 looks gold and blue (beautiful!) but I’m not sure what that is called.
3 and 4 seem blue (darker than lavender). I have a blue olive egger.

All of mine have red earlobes! I thought one had white but now they are red (she’s older). I can’t wait to see what colours we get!
@Draya I second that, 3&4 are blue.
1 is lavender but it's a very light lavender like mine, almost white. I'll be interested to see what colour eggs you get from the red vs white earlobes :)

Back
Top Bottom