Comb development to first egg!

Pics
Ok so today was an extremely noisy morning where my little flock of 3 all laid!
Here's my blue(ish green) egg! This is the closest photo to how it is in real life.

20230803_155844~2.jpg

Also, to keep the topic relevant to my thread heading haha, here's the red face of my lavender Araucana who laid the egg at roughly 34 weeks:

Screenshot_20230803_221457_Gallery.jpg

I don't think we have Golden Comets here in Aus. Are they considered production breeds too? I googled and they seem to be different from ISA Browns, which we have.
Yes, I believe they are considered production breeds. They look very similar to RIRs, production reds, ISA brown, calico princess etc when I have seen them on hatchery websites. They are very friendly and amazing layers. First time with them but will get more in the future. I got mine from a farm nearby, not through a breeder or hatchery.

Here's my blue(ish green) egg! This is the closest photo to how it is in real life.

View attachment 3597874

Also, to keep the topic relevant to my thread heading haha, here's the red face of my lavender Araucana who laid the egg at roughly 34 weeks:

View attachment 3597876

View attachment 3597874

View attachment 3597876

Hi @Chicalina @Draya @Hellomylittleladies yes I’m sure I had a cream/ brown colour from our Sussex and a white from our polish and today this picture is the polish egg and our first egg from our olive Egger who is just at 26 weeks! Yeah!!

It’s more
Blue than olive?? I know it’s her we have a camera on the nesting box

Araucana not laying yet and she’s about 30 weeks.

Attachments

• 6585B286-7373-4E0D-8867-CEA8B7E80BD1.jpeg
    6585B286-7373-4E0D-8867-CEA8B7E80BD1.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi @Chicalina @Draya @Hellomylittleladies yes I’m sure I had a cream/ brown colour from our Sussex and a white from our polish and today this picture is the polish egg and our first egg from our olive Egger who is just at 26 weeks! Yeah!!

It’s more
Blue than olive?? I know it’s her we have a camera on the nesting box

Araucana not laying yet and she’s about 30 weeks.
Woo hoo, what a pretty egg!

Back
Top Bottom