Comb development to first egg!

Pics
Hi @Chicalina @Draya @Hellomylittleladies yes I’m sure I had a cream/ brown colour from our Sussex and a white from our polish and today this picture is the polish egg and our first egg from our olive Egger who is just at 26 weeks! Yeah!!

It’s more
Blue than olive?? I know it’s her we have a camera on the nesting box

Araucana not laying yet and she’s about 30 weeks.
High-five! It's still a very pretty colour!
Maybe your OE's brown pigment hasn't fired up yet to go over the blue egg?

Theyre 18 weeks. I know that prob means no, but they look like they're getting close to me? But this is my first time so I honestly have no clue what exactly I'm looking for.
They look close - mine didn’t start until 26 weeks at the earliest but I think we have different breeds. Do they squat down when you go to pat them?

The two ladies at the top are 18 weeks. One of them developed a lovely red comb over the last 2 days. Fx she lays soon!!
1000007548.jpg

1CD3084B-296F-4436-B3E7-35D0AC790434.jpeg

This is Gudetama and she is 29 weeks (BCM) and she hasn’t laid yet but she’s been in the nesting box in and out a few days and I noticed she did squat down for the first time today! So maybe soon. Either that or she just wanted to eat the eggs. I put golf balls all around the place and scratch mix so hopefully that distracts them for long enough that they forget..,

Back
Top Bottom