Comment for most gentle breed and best personality

Most gentle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well I candlelit my eggs at 10 days and no dice ☹️ all were duds. While I’ve plenty of frisky ducks I don’t think the deed is being properly done?? I’m now a little unsure of their ages offhand but I’m thinking close to 6 months or more.
It’s given me some time to consider options for the next two weeks. I’m trying to find someone who has fertile eggs for Welsh Harlequin and or Runners. I don’t want to take on more than 7 at a time. I’d be perfectly happy with one!

Fertile duck eggs shouldn't be too hard to find. This time of year you can probably find already hatched ducklings if your prefer! 'Tis the season 🥰

It’s looking like Runners are in the lead! Hmmm 🤔 😊
It's a runner fan club around here, to get meaningfull data you would need people who have had all or most of the breeds, not a bunch of people who pick runners over one or two other breeds. I'm sure that runners turn duck TV up to 11 but certainly other breeds have great but maybe different personality.

It’s looking like Runners are in the lead! Hmmm 🤔 😊
I'm sure they're great, but i do love my welsh harlequin! I think i lucked out by getting them as they're sweet, quiet unless something is wrong, never aggressive, and prolific egg layers. The perfect duck really, imo. Nearly every animal owner will say that theirs is awesome though, so probably this is no exception and will come down to your own preference. 😊

I'm sure they're great, but i do love my welsh harlequin! I think i lucked out by getting them as they're sweet, quiet unless something is wrong, never aggressive, and prolific egg layers. The perfect duck really, imo. Nearly every animal owner will say that theirs is awesome though, so probably this is no exception and will come down to your own preference. 😊

I’ve two Welsh Harlequins, Mr Charlie & Baby. Baby is very shy but oddly the loudest quacker in the yard. Yes as in.” Nobody puts Baby in a corner” 😝
The others seem to push here away from treat time and I do see some of this pecking order with others, she’s petite so that might be a part of it. I’m still on the fence for more Welsh or something else. I definitely want 2-3 more girls who are good layers with personalities to boot. My Golden Layer was a doll baby, sweet, gentle and lived up to her name for sure with eggs daily like clockwork.

Back
Top Bottom