Concerned??...

I wonder if that is at your local farm feed store? If you do a search for turkey feed in Canada, all of the ones I found have much more than 14% protein.
Pretty sure *all* turkey starters, growers, and finishers in North America will be more than 14% protein, but something like a turkey *maintenance* will probably be less than 20%.

Looks like a great feed you have @AshleyNicole06 it has niacin in it doesn't say how much though so if you can I'd order some brewers yeast or nutritional yeast on line if that is the only way you can get it just in case your one lil one may need more. you'll have it on hand.

How are they doing by the way?
They doing great!! We had a storm last night though..they weren't really loving it. High winds. But checked on them and they were fine.

Pretty sure *all* turkey starters, growers, and finishers in North America will be more than 14% protein, but something like a turkey *maintenance* will probably be less than 20%.
Yes, I saw a variety of turkey feeds for different growth stages. Some less than 20%, some more. None at 14% - except I saw some rabbit feed with that low of protein. I only looked at 3 different sources though and who knows what local feed stores have in stock. :confused:

This is the baby I'm worried about, it seems to walk with tail down too. :(
0414181856a.jpg
0414181856a.jpg

Some duckling just have a different need for nutrients and can't assimilate them as well as their other hatch mates. Does the legs seem weak? Eating and drinking and running around like the rest?
it may need some extra B vitamins like we talked about if you can't buy B Complex or Brewers yeast close by maybe you can order on line sure won't hurt to try either of them for your lil one here and all of your ducklings actually.

Some duckling just have a different need for nutrients and can't assimilate them as well as their other hatch mates. Does the legs seem weak? Eating and drinking and running around like the rest?
it may need some extra B vitamins like we talked about if you can't buy B Complex or Brewers yeast close by maybe you can order on line sure won't hurt to try either of them for your lil one here and all of your ducklings actually.
Yes, legs seem week. I plan on getting all those things.. The closest store that isn't a feed store only sells niacin. But this duckling does eat, drink and run around like the rest when we are outside.

I have to order just about anything I need for my birds on line our closest TSC is 25 miles one way and I just don't get out much. lol
So Amazon and other sites carry things we need.

Try to get them as soon as possible so this lil one can get those legs stronger and not develop a lot of leg issues Pekins can get.

I have to order just about anything I need for my birds on line our closest TSC is 25 miles one way and I just don't get out much. lol

Try to get them as soon as possible so this lil one can get those legs stronger and not develop a lot of leg issues Pekins can get.
I will!! Niacin is better than nothing. But I want to get the b complex stuff too! If they are 500 mg tablets how much should i give? How would you Do it?

And do you have the links to amazon to the stuff you get? Dont want to get wrong stuff.

Back
Top Bottom