CONCERNING DE

roosmom

Songster
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
upper peninsula
:| hi, I live in the (almost) middle of nowhere. I had to ask my local Snyder drug to order the DE. On my insistence, He called the rep for the company and the rep told him that it was food grade even tho it didnt say it on the box. The rep told him that the reason they dont put it on the box is because it is a hassle and costs more. I now have a box in my possession and these are what the ingredients are:
silicon dioxide from diatomaceous earth 85.00
other elemental oxides 10.00
moisture 5.00
---------
The name brand is CONCERN. it says that it is harmful to inhale and to keep out of eyes. Has anyone ever heard of this company? Is this stuff ok to use for the chickies? How do you get them to use it? What if they eat it? I bought it because there seems to be an awful lot of scratching going on. Any help would be appreciated.....Thank you mary-kay

Well, that ends that. I will use this elsewhere instead of the chicken pen for dust bathing. NO ONE in this town has even heard of DE. When i tried to explain what it was the eyes got glazed over and you could tell they didnt want to look it up to see if they could get it. Any other suggestions on how to help with the scratching? Is it just normal scratching or maybe mites or (cant be fleas, we spend 15 mins with them in the coop every nite) something else?
sad.png

mary-kay

you could get foodgrade de online. for now.... they sell poultry dust at feedstores that you can use.
I use the foodgrade because i mix it in the food.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi RoosMom,
Also available here thru SPATCHER.
He sells food grade and ships it to you.
I think you could do a search for DE and maybe for Spatcher.

sad.png
I am soooo bummed out. I thank you all for taking time to write me. The problem for me getting stuff online is no credit card. My husband and I made that choice long ago, and have been paying ever since. at least as far as catolog and buying online goes. Now i feel bad for our Snyders manager. He bought a case of it for me and now I cant use it. And NO ONE else knows what it is. I guess this is what trust gets you. Anyway, thank you. I am missing my ROO time in the coop, I have to go for the night. thanks
Mary-kay

I sell smaller quantities of PermaGuard Codex Food Grade DE in 3, 5 and 8 pounds for those that cant get it anywhere else or who dont want to get 50#. I am not a distributor or anything although I am looking into it. Prices include Flat rate Priority Mail with 2-3 day delivery time. Prices are 15.30 - 18.30 - 22.30 respectively. If I can help let me know.

Concern is DE for pest control. Even though it's not food grade it comes in handy around the house. I sprinkle it generously around the perimeter of our house to kill any pests that come in our house(we get those nasty centipedes).

Back
Top Bottom