Confused About Flu?

Quote:
It depends - did she blood test you? Here in CA 100% of reported flu cases are h1n1. Could be different elsewherebut the swine flu is still JUST a flu. 35,000 people in the US die every year from the flu, no matter what kind it is. Here in my county, 268 deaths from h1n1, because it is the ONLY strain present in CA right now.

Quote:
Now that you mention it, I was a teen in the late 70's and I remember getting a vicious flu, as did all my friends, probably the swine flu. Now, I have a brutal cough, had a bad (!) headache last week just before I got the sore throat and cough, and now have some body aches, but didn't think it was bad enough to be swine. I thought I just had a chest cold. I bet I have swine flu, but milder because of having had it in the 70's.

Quote:
It depends - did she blood test you? Here in CA 100% of reported flu cases are h1n1. Could be different elsewherebut the swine flu is still JUST a flu. 35,000 people in the US die every year from the flu, no matter what kind it is. Here in my county, 268 deaths from h1n1, because it is the ONLY strain present in CA right now.

I wouldn't have allowed anyone from this area within 10 feet of me with a needle. All they did was a nasal swab. Wasn't on me though, it was on my boyfriend who, poor guy, got what I had.

Quote:

I wouldn't have allowed anyone from this area within 10 feet of me with a needle. All they did was a nasal swab. Wasn't on me though, it was on my boyfriend who, poor guy, got what I had.

LOL you sound like me. There are only certain health care professionals here that I trust. Seeing as how you got over it so fast, you probably had a mild case of a regular flu. "Regular" being whatever it is you caught that is not the swine flu. Or it could have been mild swine. I thought mine was mild until today.

To pinpoint if you actually have the H1N1 novel virus (swine) the Dr would have to order a specific PCR test which takes 4 days to obtain results from.

I would just say that you have the H1N1. They do not want to confirm and cause hysteria but to deny they could be sued so they are pretty much covering their butts. The statistics are in your favor for having that flu anyway right now so it would not be a bad bet.

Back
Top Bottom