Confused and worried!

rjrinehart

Songster
Mar 6, 2017
Southeast Tennessee
this morning I came out to feed the ladies and noticed I had one that would not come while the others did. She was laying on the ground wth her eyes closed. We went in to put her on the roost and she would just lay there with her eyes closed and her head turned. We thought she might have had an egg stuck in her or an egg broken but we checked and didn't feel anything. She stands but still her eyes are closed and head turned. I'm worried she fell off the roost in the middle of the night. Any help would be great!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 6
How old is your sick hen? Has she been laying eggs regularly up to this time? Is her neck stuck to the side, or can she move it around? Can you feel of her crop to check if it is empty, part full, hard, or puffy? Look her skin over for mites and lice. Get some chick electrolytes and vitamins to put in her water. Pedialyte or Gatorade undiluted will do in an emergency. Offer her some chopped egg and make some watery chicken feed to fet her to eat. What do her droppings look like?

How old is your sick hen? Has she been laying eggs regularly up to this time? Is her neck stuck to the side, or can she move it around? Can you feel of her crop to check if it is empty, part full, hard, or puffy? Look her skin over for mites and lice. Get some chick electrolytes and vitamins to put in her water. Pedialyte or Gatorade undiluted will do in an emergency. Offer her some chopped egg and make some watery chicken feed to fet her to eat. What do her droppings look like?

The hen is about 2 years. In a pen with 7 others her exact breed with all of them acting normal but her.

All the chickens we just got a few weeks ago and since moving them have only had a few eggs so I don't know if she has been laying

She can move her head but she tends to pull to the side and then drops her head. I can get her to raise it like normal when I start to give her water with a srynge

To me her crop feels empty

We checks on her belly and under wings and no lice or mites we're seen

Her droppings were greenish and very watery

The hen is about 2 years. In a pen with 7 others her exact breed with all of them acting normal but her.

All the chickens we just got a few weeks ago and since moving them have only had a few eggs so I don't know if she has been laying

She can move her head but she tends to pull to the side and then drops her head. I can get her to raise it like normal when I start to give her water with a srynge

To me her crop feels empty

We checks on her belly and under wings and no lice or mites we're seen

Her droppings were greenish and very watery
can you get her to a vet?
it sounds like she has an infection

Back
Top Bottom