Confused new chicken mama

Its gorgeous (still hoping its a manly hen). I might have to resign to having mixed breed offspring.
We've always had mixed breed flocks growing up. Of course, we never bred our chickens! We might've let some broodies try and hatch some chicks but none of our hens ever went broody, that is until no more roos were around to fertilize the eggs...I know you can buy eggs but we weren't really prepared for hatching at that point anyways

Some type of Mille fleur and Easter egger mix. I have had quite a few of my Easter Eggers have tails like that and turn out to be hens. If the feathers are well formed and rounded on the ends its more likely a hen.

Some type of Mille fleur and Easter egger mix. I have had quite a few of my Easter Eggers have tails like that and turn out to be hens. If the feathers are well formed and rounded on the ends its more likely a hen.
finally someone who gives me hope. Hackles are roundish and comb is pinkish not bright red. No visible wattles either but its cheeks are so fluffy lol!

Back
Top Bottom