Pics
Oh no, I'm so sorry! It's always our favorite ones. Don't blame yourself, these things happen. :hugs

Yeah, my two other losses have been favorites too. It sucks. :hit

And yeah I know and I am trying not to but I think I got a little bit lax because my other girls have been safe for years and theirs isn’t perfect and I should have known better. I was stupid and he paid the price :hit

But now I know and will be fully securing it

Let the chicks mingle with the big girls some today... some of the boys tried to pick fights with my top hen and got absolutely schooled by her:lau they’re used to being able to boss their fellow flock mates around... maybe this will teach them some manners 😂 no one got hurt, btw, just some harsh lessons in how NOT to act around the top hen :lau

Meanwhile my pushover just let one of the boys chase her away from the scratch. :rolleyes:

I have faith the others will keep them in line though lol

Going to be allowing a lot more mingling too.

The big girls now appear scared of them :lau :rolleyes:

Here’s hoping they learn how to stand up to them again and stop running away :lau :fl

Starting to think you guys were right about the Buff :hit holding out hope still because it doesn’t have THAT big of a comb and wattles or that red and my girls have darker necks too but it’s not looking good. Tailless still, huge legs, darker neck, and I swear I’m starting to see pointy neck feathers too but I don’t really know what I’m looking for.

I really think the Welsummer could be the only girl.

But the Welsummer boy was super alert today and watching the sky several times and ran over when he heard something fall plus he’s gorgeous so he may be a keeper.

Back
Top Bottom