Connecticut!

Hey Carolyn, go to the forum for chicken ordinances. There is allot of good info there. If you search you will find that several people have already written documents that go through all the myths about chicken keeping and state clearly that it doesn't bring down property value etc. Include laws regarding chickens for any neighboring towns that are more liberal, especially if they are towns that are considered desirable towns. Good luck.
Hi everyone!
I am in Somers and I just got a certified letter notice from the Town. I didn not pick it up yet but I am sure that the letter is a Ceace and desist letter telling me to get rid of my chickens.
I plan on having them moved across the street temporarily until the town gets me note back to them. I want to make zoning law changes.
My understanding was that as long as I was actively trying to change the laws; they couldn't give me a C+D letter. At least that is what the zoning department told me several months ago.
I just got published in the Journal Inquirer a few days ago and I was waiting for the article to print before working out some kind of campaign to raise awareness.
I don't know what to do now.
Thanks for any suggestions. I really appreciate the support
Carolyn

Sorry. I don't know about the custom processing.

Today I went down to Town Hall and applied for the zone change. It cost $185 bucks.
The building inspector (also the guy on the zoning board) said he was impressed with my proposal.
:)
So the initial meeting with the board is on October 15th and then a public hearing.
They have to post it in the local newspaper for two weeks to notify the public.
Wish me luck!
Carolyn

That is so great! I'm sure it will go well. Good luck.
Sorry. I don't know about the custom processing.

Today I went down to Town Hall and applied for the zone change. It cost $185 bucks.
The building inspector (also the guy on the zoning board) said he was impressed with my proposal.
:)
So the initial meeting with the board is on October 15th and then a public hearing.
They have to post it in the local newspaper for two weeks to notify the public.
Wish me luck!
Carolyn

I need to move my coop to the back yard but I need my husbands help with that. I certainly do need to get ready for winter. My plymouth rock hen is moulting right now. What a mess with the feathers!
Anyone?
Carolyn

I'm in New Milford -- does anybody around these parts mix their own feed, and if so where do you buy the ingredients? I want to feed the girls non-GMO but organic prepared feed is so expensive. We're just starting out this year, have 30 chickens and room to store and mix several months supply of grains.

My girls have been in a horrible molt too. I have been giving them yogurt and other high protein treats to help them along. Rosie in particular seemed to be having a hard time of it, but I think we have turned a corner and she will be OK.

I looked into it a couple of years ago with no luck. I'd be interested to hear if yo find a source. The only problem is spoilage. I've always heard that you don't want to do more than a month or two at a time.
I'm in New Milford -- does anybody around these parts mix their own feed, and if so where do you buy the ingredients? I want to feed the girls non-GMO but organic prepared feed is so expensive. We're just starting out this year, have 30 chickens and room to store and mix several months supply of grains.

Back
Top Bottom