Consolidated Kansas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ChooksChick, Sep 26, 2009.

1. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    You know, it would have been just awful if you'd had a hose mishap and wound up spraying that woman wouldn't it? [​IMG]

Awwww. Cute stories and great pics. Thanks for sharing!

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Tweety....silkie pics?

Karen.....coop pics?

3. tweetysvoice

tweetysvoice Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2011
    Lawrence, KS
    My Coop
    HEHE... Here ya go HEChicken! I just picked them up about an hour ago!! Rene hath bless me with three beauties! One of them, unfortunately, has spraddle leg, but I've already gotten out the bandaids and we are on the road to recovery with "her"! Thanks Chooks!!!!!!!

Meet: Jade, Amethyst and Amber (in that order): - I don't think any of them are the vaulted skulls that ya'll were talking about. Not sure though.

[​IMG]

Here is Amber all fixed up:

[​IMG]

4. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

great pictures! Nice to meet you! Your ducks look really happy! :)

No, they don't have vaulted skulls-- it's really obvious when they do. But these are GREAT looking chicks! That middle one has INCREDIBLE leg feathering-- that is exactly what you want! That middle toe should have feathers all the way to the toenail. Can't see the others, but they look really nice and fluffy! LOVE their colors!! I like the color on your middle one the most, she's a beauty! Renee did great on her hatch!! Glad you got the other one in a bandaid, that should fix him up. Ivy is the one that posted a mini tutorial about that a while ago. She sounds like she's pretty good at getting their legs back on track. [​IMG]

5. pikeman94

pikeman94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Olathe, KS
    My Coop
    Hey peeps!

I am lurking. Starting to feel less sore every day. Although I think I over did it today.

I will continue to try and keep up until the grogginess from the pain meds I am on get out of my head. Thanks for all the well wishes!

6. tweetysvoice

Dec 30, 2011
    Lawrence, KS
    My Coop
    Here's a photo of just Jade and Amethyst. Jade had the feathers all the way down as well, but she is missing a toe - so not "showable" according to Rene, Not like i care. I'm not going to show them. :) I just want healthy and happy birdies. I ran to the petstore and picked up some baby parrot formula to help them grow big and strong!

[​IMG]

7. cityhick

cityhick New Egg

Apr 25, 2012
    Topeka,KS
    Im Chris From Topeka.

8. Hawkeye95

Glad you're doing okay. Sorry that you're not feeling the best right now, but really, you need to take care of yourself after a surgery! I hope you get to lay down and take it easy. [​IMG] You should feel well scolded for over doing it. hehe!

Awwwww.. yeah, I really like that blue one. [​IMG]

Welcome Chris to the Kansas thread! There's a LOT of people here up your way. Do you have chickens yet or are you checking it all out right now?
    OH wow, I JUST noticed that our thread was your first post!! Hey, that's great!! [​IMG] Hope you hang out with us here!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  9. tweetysvoice

Dec 30, 2011
    Lawrence, KS
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Welcome!! Sounds like you have a great flock!! You will have so much fun with them and btw, we love pictures!! :) hehe

[​IMG] Welcome Chris.. I'm a Chrissy :) Do you have a flock yet or are you just getting started? I'm about 8 weeks into have birds, and everyone on here is so very very helpful! Feel free to ask questions and we'll do our best!

10. Hawkeye95

Okay, I have a concern with my black silkie pullet. She's about 10 months old now and has been laying for about 3 months. She has started within the last two weeks of having really runny and stinky poop. I didn't think much of it at first and figured she needed some probiotics and I've been top dressing her feed with probiotics for about 2 weeks now. So far, no change! Not to mention, the amount of poo is a LOT. Now her bottom is dirty because it's sticking to her. I'm at a loss. She used to lay an egg every other day to every 3 days, and now it seems like she's laying an egg every single day! She doesn't seem to be acting much different, except that she is trying to go broody every now and then. When I change her to outside or move her, it seems to stop it for a few days, then she tries again. And through it all, this sudden change in consistency of her poop. Any guesses what is going on? She's not getting any more greens than usual-- just a handful of grass each day, BOSS, and her layer crumbles. Could I be feeding her too much BOSS?? She has really packed on some weight and is a LOT heavier now. In fact, I'd call her fat. Any and all ideas are welcome please!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by