Consolidated Kansas

I'm not using lights. I thought about setting up something on a timer in the building but they are laying better than everyone else anyway so I'm good.

Yippee!!! I got my first Breda Fowl egg today (upper left). It is a lovely translucent white. They are 28 weeks old. The brown egg is from one of my new Orpington layer, the Jubilee I think. The blue/green one (it looks greenish to me, my DH says it is blue and the picture doesn't do it justice) is from one of the Araucanas. All three were laid today. Pretty girls, pretty eggs.

This is my first white egg since my pet Golden Campine died in the spring. I'd forgotten how pretty white can be.

Yay! Sharol. Those little Bredas can be amazing layers. One wing lays one egg every day regardless. I think she only missed laying one day since she first started laying a few months ago. I call the araucana eggs blue cause I do have a couple of green egg layers and it's definitely blue compared to those. It's that side by side comparison which really shows the difference. One of the araucana girls that is laying now lays a very pale blue egg. Not nearly as dark as the others have.

Yippee!!! I got my first Breda Fowl egg today (upper left). It is a lovely translucent white. They are 28 weeks old. The brown egg is from one of my new Orpington layer, the Jubilee I think. The blue/green one (it looks greenish to me, my DH says it is blue and the picture doesn't do it justice) is from one of the Araucanas. All three were laid today. Pretty girls, pretty eggs.

This is my first white egg since my pet Golden Campine died in the spring. I'd forgotten how pretty white can be.

Congrats on the eggs! I wish my girls would get with it again. We're barely getting enough eggs for us, let along anyone else.

I'm in kind of a bah humbug mood. I think it's because Christmas planning creates so much stress. I've spent hours on line shopping which I do every year cause I can't handle crowds. But this year I have so many gifts that haven't arrived and are just sitting on one place or another according to tracking. It's going to be rather unpleasant when 50% of my gifts turn out to be IOUs. And I really can't see shipping them to people later cause that is where the hold up is to begin with. I haven't gotten my tree decorated yet either. Just too much going on.
Yesterday my fence builder showed up and got the corner posts and wood post all installed. They worked until after dark but sure managed to get a lot done. It will be after Christmas before they come back to complete it but it will be wonderful. I will finally have a pen for my geese again and can get to work on my chicken runs to go to the building. Well at least I can start on them as money comes in.
I really need another shelter or two for the geese but it's just not in the budget right now.
The wind is blowing insanely today. Maybe it will dry out some of this ridiculous mud around here.
Maybe I need some more coffee this morning to improve my mood.

Yeah the mail does get messed up this time of year & the Wichita postmaster said on TV that they're handling even more packages this year than ever before. I think more people are shopping online to avoid going out to the stores. I do a lot of my shopping online as well, it's just convenient to search there rather than having to drive all over, especially when you have to drive 40-50 miles one way to get there. I would rather someone else has to get things to me, of course that means waiting for them, but worth it most of the time. Danz I hope your stuff gets to you in time, but if it doesn't I'm sure people will understand. It's not the best situation, but nothing you can do about it.

It was supposed to be warmer today but it sure is windy & cloudy out there.

Yesterday was an awful day. It was so cold out there. It sounds like next weekend we will probably be getting some winter weather. Of course Sunday is when my sibllings and I get together for Christmas. My brother has a long drive and it so worries me for them to drive in winter weather. He has spent most of the last 35 years living in N Carolina along the coast and slick roads are not something they deal with there.
I'm so not ready to deal with winter weather.
My Christmas packages are still in limbo and it doesn't look like they are going to get here. In fact those that had an estimated delivery date have changed status to undetermined. It makes me feel sick because the gifts for both of my youngest granddaughters are two of those packages. How can you explain to a couple little girls why adults are getting gifts and they aren't? I plan to write some nasty messages in regards to all this. I will wait until after Christmas just to be sure they don't arrive but I'm not holding my breath.

I hope the 2nd of Jan. isn't nasty, that's when we're scheduled to take our granddaughter down & have Christmas with my son & family. It's always a fight every year to get a time scheduled to get together with our granddaughter.

I seem to be getting further and further behind. I spent two days just clearing out the spare bedroom. It had become a piling ground. I still have so much stuff to clean up and clear out. Too bad some of this just couldn't stay done.
I've got to make a run to the store today and get some groceries. I haven't even really planned the holiday meal so far and I need to get myself organized.
I do have a turkey brining now but it was one of mine so I didn't have to shop for that one.
I need to set a ton of eggs today too. Orders are starting to come in for chicks. Some of the girls aren't laying yet though.

Merry Christmas everyone sorry to hear about your packages Danz I will keep my fingers crossed that they arrive today for you. Well I have had a crazy last couple days was walking out to my car to go to my diabetic doc appt on Tues for unexplained swelling and shooting pain in my left thigh and knee only to have said left knee go out as I was stepping from my sidewalk to driveway. Which resulted in me falling and my right knee crashing/forced sliding due to the mud into the corner of the side walk which "peeled" the skin off my right knee and forced it under the skin on the other side. Soo needless to say my doc sent me to urgent care after seeing me for my app and writing me an order to go to Ortho to get the large amount of unknown fluid drained out of my left knee/thigh to get it sent off to get tested to see what is going on and urgent care had to put in like 10 stitches after peeling the skin back out to close the 4-5 inch cut. So the last two days have been horrible (worst Solstice gift EVER) since I really can't walk well with the extreme pain in both knees(since I can't take anything for the pain but ibuprofen since they don't know what it is) so hubby has been on chicken care. My chickie babies are getting sooo big they were 5 weeks on Monday and all are getting huge and doing good. The chick cam is back up we got it replaced just before my accident. You can check it out here ourbyb.no-ip.info:203 both user name and password are guest. Good news,was able to get an appointment with Ortho to get the knee drained and a hip shot to control the pain until they figure out what is going on New Year Eve.
So while I won't be "parting" the night away I will hopefully be in less pain then I have been since Sept 30 when the plane landed in Dever and this pain started.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom