Consolidated Kansas

These two Black Copper Marans chicks hatched by a Royal Palm hen. I noticed she had abandoned her nest, and I found her, in the pasture, close to her pen. I place her 9 turkey eggs in an incubator. I have had good luck doing this with guinea eggs, so I should know the results in about 6 days.

These two Black Copper Marans chicks hatched by a Royal Palm hen. I noticed she had abandoned her nest, and I found her, in the pasture, close to her pen. I place her 9 turkey eggs in an incubator. I have had good luck doing this with guinea eggs, so I should know the results in about 6 days.
Cute babies Ralph, good luck with the turkey eggs. I really liked my Royal Palms but they just weren't for me.

Where are you located? A couple of us are certified to test which might be faster than waiting for the state.
I'm about halfway between Topeka and Manhattan. I'm not in a big hurry, but I'm waiting to hear back from a guy in Manhattan right now. The testing looks pretty simple, but I'm not clear on whether I need to get certified to do it as part of the whole process. Right now I'm just looking to get answers to make sure I'm doing things properly and can continue to do so moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom