Contagious Thing Happening To Some Of My Bantams

puppies9099

Songster
6 Years
Oct 17, 2013
Classified
Some of my bantams have been getting weird pimple things on the faces and nose. Some have their eyes infected too, it started from one chick who got it and it spread to all its siblings except the mother for some reason. I have separated the sick ones from the others but i really want to know what this is the pimple things some of them will peel of but the others stay on their faces and they get bigger. I have one (in the pictures below) He was the one who started it. He first had a tiny pimple on his eyelid and is nose. Then i wasn't watching him cause he was with his mom roaming the yard and you know when you get near them they run like lightning. Now it looks like in the pictures, I will send pictures of the others please help i don't want to cull the ones that don't have it as bad please help
His beak as become crooked because of the thing on his nose and he can only breath out his mouth ( I will cull this one)

But his other eye is fine . I will send pictures of the others soon they aren't as bad

separate each one into a separate box because you could get a crazy epidemic. Don't cull them yet. Just watch them and if it gets worse then go ahead. I really have no idea what is going on.

You have a real problem. Your flock is infected with one of the CRDs. You are going to need to establish which one it is to move forward. When you cull that bird, send it to your state lab for testing. From there you can establish how you want to proceed.

I am sorry.

Some of my bantams have been getting weird pimple things on the faces and nose. Some have their eyes infected too, it started from one chick who got it and it spread to all its siblings except the mother for some reason. I have separated the sick ones from the others but i really want to know what this is the pimple things some of them will peel of but the others stay on their faces and they get bigger. I have one (in the pictures below) He was the one who started it. He first had a tiny pimple on his eyelid and is nose. Then i wasn't watching him cause he was with his mom roaming the yard and you know when you get near them they run like lightning. Now it looks like in the pictures, I will send pictures of the others please help i don't want to cull the ones that don't have it as bad please help His beak as become crooked because of the thing on his nose and he can only breath out his mouth ( I will cull this one) But his other eye is fine . I will send pictures of the others soon they aren't as bad
Looks like a serious sinus infection. This surgery works sometimes on the less severe ones: http://connerhills.com/sinus_infection_removal.html Culling and sending to a lab for diagnosis is probably the best thing to do. -Kathy

Question... Did the chick in this picture have pox? If so, that is probably a secondary infection from the pox.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom