cooling off your chickens

Pics
I bought 2 small but powerful fans that also have lights plus a larger fan that I clip on their window. That are all chargeable fans and I only use them at night in their coop. I bought them on amazon. The 2 small ones can hang or set flat
OHHH!@! I think I saw these on Amazon? I was going to get them. they are good? what's the brand? So, I know I have the right ones.

My chickens hated the misters - lol! I think it was the noise they made. What really seems to help my chickens is a sprinkler. I set it very low. The chickens drink from it, wade through the water around it, and sometimes lay in the puddles it makes. They LOVE it. Even on cool days, they run up to it the minute I let them in.

This is a pic of it from the Home Depot website:
orbit-stationary-sprinklers-27924-64_1000.jpg

My chickens hated the misters - lol! I think it was the noise they made. What really seems to help my chickens is a sprinkler. I set it very low. The chickens drink from it, wade through the water around it, and sometimes lay in the puddles it makes. They LOVE it. Even on cool days, they run up to it the minute I let them in.

View attachment 2245321
Oh!1 Yes, they may like that too! Thank you!

View attachment 2245321
My misters make hardly any noise at all

View attachment 2225982I bought these BIG planter bottoms off Amazon that I use for wading pools. I live in Arizona, it’s supposed to be 111 on Sunday. You have to keep trying the fresh stuff. Try cold strawberries. Cold pasta! Trust me. I heard too much lettuce can get stuck in their crops so I avoid it. I do kale and spinach. My girls were afraid of fresh foods at first (hatch date was May 4th). I have Conures and just kind of went with what I know is safe for them.
I go out three times a day (every day) and check to make sure their water is clean (which means I change it every time), but I also will wet down their run ( it’s dry by the end of the day here). I also use gardeners shade clothe to cover and provide shade over their run. Best of luck to you and your girls! Stay cool!
Thank you for the idea, I've been using an old cake pan lid but it's not very deep maybe 1/2 in

Back
Top Bottom