coon next door yikes!!

ams4776

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
in harmony with all in harmony
So a coon has moved in under my neighbors trailer. Just looking for extra protection ideas since trapping wont work (to many darn cats) was also thinking of having my male dog out back during the day to mark the place up.
ohh the neighbors keep missing the coon when they see him. So far nothing at my place yet but who knows. The 22 is waiting for a sighting lol
So extra protection particularly a coop because i lock my girls in at night. I think im all set but doesnt hurt to have extra advise
Thanks

One suggestions is to use fruit or veggies for the trap'a bait, cats will ignore it but coons won't.

Another idea is a brutal old school trap.... Drill a 1 inch hole about 4" deep into a tree or solid stump, run 3 screws or sharpened nails in to the sides of the hole at a angle leaving about 1/2 inch opening between the tips and put a strong smelling bait in the back of the hole. The nails create a funnel and the coon will shove it's front paw in for the bait but when it tries to pull out, he is trapped by the nail or screw tips imbedding into the leg. It's a permanent solution as you can't get him loose while he's alive.

Hope this helps.

I remember reading about that trap in where the red fern grows. Always wondered if it would work....guess time to find out lol. I can drill some posts out and attach em to the coop since i have no tree close enough by...

Got 3 in so see what happens. Thanks.
smile.png
least now i wont have to worry about leaving a scent since its my backyard lol.
been lucky so far though. Worse ive had was a terrified cat got in one day. Def a better way to learn of my weaknesses then by a real predator.

Back
Top Bottom