Coop Advice Wanted

Open front soffit, covered with 1/2" HC, the 2 octagonal gable vents, and the ridge vent should take care of high ventilation. Pop door under window will take care of daytime low venting.
Okay, great! Dad is "retired" from construction, so I should be able to get some extra soffit real quick.

I think I found something. What about two of these? I think there is 16 inches of actual open space on this. So that adds 2 more square feet of vent. Easy as pie to put in.

Where else could I put vent? Floor? Window? Ever heard of putting one in a nest box?

Vents like those really don't provide much air exchange. For instance the 22" version of that vent provides 37.4 sq inches of net-free area (apx 1/4 of a foot).

Vents like those really don't provide much air exchange. For instance the 22" version of that vent provides 37.4 sq inches of net-free area (apx 1/4 of a foot).
I was actually doing that, I think. The vent I was talking about is 18x18, and has 16x16 holes. Is this what you were talking about?

Back
Top Bottom