Coop Cam

I don't think this is crazy at all. Talking with the local deputy after my mailbox was smashed he said that cameras are getting more popular in the rural areas. I plan to install some to monitor the driveway. Having one on the coop wouldn't be a bad idea either.

How do these "record"? I understand they are streaming and you can watch them 24/7, but what if something goes in and attacks them during the night while you are sleeping? How can you go back and watch the video? Where exactly would it record to?

There is all kinds of software out there to record IP camera video feeds. Most security camera recording systems will record IP cameras too.

I know nothing about this stuff. Do you have to pay monthly fees to record? I imagine it would take up a ton of space if it recorded directly to your computer. If you can suggest software, I would appreciate it. I don't even know what I would be searching for.

Also, I noticed that a lot of people use ustream. Am I understanding correctly that it's free to stream your content for free if you allow ads to be supported?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom