Coop Dujour...Experience w/TSC Coops...Producers Pride Sentinel metal Coop

Frankiegirl

Crowing
May 3, 2020
SW Michigan
Good morning all and Happy Friday!

Does anyone have experience or a comment regarding the TSC PP Sentinel Coop? I am in the process of building a permanent coop for my 5 chicks but need a temporary coop until I move in September. TSC has the above mentioned metal coop and another Cumberland Cottage wood coop. They will only be in it for a couple of months and I will move it to the new house and use it as a secondary coop for integration, injuries, etc. Any recommendations or alternative ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks and have a terrific weekend!

Eh, if it's short term it should be fine. Not sure what your climate is like in summer, but I'd definitely look into cutting some ventilation in. Good spot to add it would be on the wall facing into the mini run space as the roof should help provide some weather protection. Either should work fine as an isolation unit later on.

Good morning and thanks for the feedback. I live in southwest Michigan so the summers get pretty warm but nothin too oppressive. This will be their arrangement for about 60 days...a bit cramped but they shouldn’t be laying quite yet. Thanks for the venting idea. This is my first go at chicks so I want to be sure the coop I build is good for this group of ladies and a few more :)

Attachments

• FCE49699-0898-4BCB-BCD0-E19F9A31BDF4.png
    FCE49699-0898-4BCB-BCD0-E19F9A31BDF4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Yeah I wouldn't use either one of these as a long term coop for more than 2 or 3 birds max, but while they're smaller, and for a few months, I don't see an issue with it.

Both units also have the type of layout that can be modified to make more coop space for longer term use if you get a little delayed in building a coop, so if that becomes an issue, that's also a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom