Coop for Meat Birds

MeeMaw814

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2022
Northern Wisconsin
HI! Looking for opinions. We are currently building the run for our meat birds. Hubby asked me if he needs to build some sort of "box" they can go in to at night. Do the broilers need to have this type of area within their run? Please post pics of your designs.

I don't know where you're located or what your climate is but some sort of shelter is important whether it's from the rain and wind or the sun.
We built a PVC chicken tractor that had a tarp over the back half and that worked... It doesn't necessarily need to be a box type thing.
1649934749056.png

I don't know where you're located or what your climate is but some sort of shelter is important whether it's from the rain and wind or the sun.
We built a PVC chicken tractor that had a tarp over the back half and that worked... It doesn't necessarily need to be a box type thing.
View attachment 3062333
What you have here is very similar to the design we are going with. Thank you for your response. :)

HI! Looking for opinions. We are currently building the run for our meat birds. Hubby asked me if he needs to build some sort of "box" they can go in to at night. Do the broilers need to have this type of area within their run? Please post pics of your designs.
They need to be protected for the weather(rain/wind/sun.

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1649937875637.png

Back
Top Bottom