1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

coop kitty

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by chickendoodle, Aug 24, 2007.

1. chickendoodle

chickendoodle Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2007
    Beaufort S.C.
    Has any one ever had a ferrel cat move into there coop? I have a kitten maybe three months old living in one of my coops it hasn't killed any chickens or there baby's.It sleeps with one of the hens and plays with my rooster.Is that normal or do I have to worry?As soon asI can trap him/her? I want to have it fixed.My husband has named it Coop Kitty.Sorry I have no pictures.

2. fishkiller

fishkiller Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2007
    Please keep us updated, it could turn out to your benefit having a little kitty around to catch rodents and snakes. Maybe it thinks its a chicken.

3. chickendoodle

chickendoodle Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2007
    Beaufort S.C.
    Iwill I thought of that also it has it good looks helping it's stay.
    Quote:

4. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    I saw someone a while back post pictures of their cat with their chickens. Why not? I think it sounds like the beginning of a beautiful friendship!!

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Keeping it sounds good to me. My cat is afraid of the chickens.

6. lexustami

lexustami Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    St. Clairsville, OH
    My barn kitty is 4 months old now and he lives with the turkeys, guineas and meat birds. I walked into the barn yesterday and he was sleeping on the rail of the horse stall right between 2 turkeys.

Take care,

Tami

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by