Coop pics****

thick chick

In the Brooder
Jul 31, 2015
I build this coop this week. I am a lady and I had no help and used all scrap wood. Not beautiful and today was my one chickens first day in it. If I can do it you can do it

amiachicknorwat

Songster
Aug 3, 2015
Well that's really impressive cuz I'm not a lady and less of a builder. Tho now I'm living this rural life I'm also on this learning curve. Good on you for a good start.

thick chick

In the Brooder
Jul 31, 2015
Aww thanks. My husband said its the kind of coop you hide behind the barn
. I know its not perfect but I tried...he's not a builder either

bettymae83

In the Brooder
Oct 16, 2015
Hoopa, Ca.
Here's my lovely coop! I still have to paint it. Was going to paint it teal blue and the trim pieces white! Its 8x8 and the run is 8x14. I have a tarp lining the floor of the coop to make cleaning a breeze! Just sweep up the flakes and lay down new! No poop or water absorbing into the floor.

I think all these coops are gorgeous, But this coop feels like home!! Would I be able to keep 20-25 Black Jersey Giants in this? And how big should I make the nesting boxes? Of course the run will be huge!! It will be partly covered with wood, but all of it covered with wire.

CountryGirl3294

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2015
Indiana
I think all these coops are gorgeous, But this coop feels like home!! Would I be able to keep 20-25 Black Jersey Giants in this? And how big should I make the nesting boxes? Of course the run will be huge!! It will be partly covered with wood, but all of it covered with wire. 
Thank you!!
I have 14 Barred Rocks in this coop and will be expanding the run this spring for them. Something much bigger and taller with different things to jump on and a tire with dust and sand it in so they can dust themselves. I don't think this size coop would fit more than 16 chickens comfortably. But you could always expand it to make it fit your needs.

bettymae83

In the Brooder
Oct 16, 2015
Hoopa, Ca.
Thank you!!
I have 14 Barred Rocks in this coop and will be expanding the run this spring for them. Something much bigger and taller with different things to jump on and a tire with dust and sand it in so they can dust themselves. I don't think this size coop would fit more than 16 chickens comfortably. But you could always expand it to make it fit your needs.
Since I have a huge family, I need a big flock. I'll definitely tweak this a bit, but your's will be my inspiration LOL What kind of litter do you have on your floors?

CountryGirl3294

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2015
Indiana
Since I have a huge family, I need a big flock. I'll definitely tweak this a bit, but your's will be my inspiration LOL What kind of litter do you have on your floors?
I have a trap to cover and protect the floor. Then I get pine wood shavings from TSC and put a nice layer on the floor. Then just a broom and shovel to clean up. Very easy!

Jewellan

Songster
5 Years
Mar 3, 2014
Reno Nevada
This is my "Chicken Condo" I got three chicken coop kits and attached them to each other with runs, the center run has a roof because it is mostly under a tree, too many leaves are not good for chicken diets. I had so much fun making this and now I have 8 Chickens and 3 pullets in it. 2 Black Copper Marans, 2 Golden Comets, 1 Welsummer, 1 Easter Egger, 1 Cockoo Marans, Right now I have my Blue Favaucana in the far left area with her 3 Ameraucana Chicks. 1 I can separate the two outer "huts." so that if I have a hen go broody I can let her sit and she will be protected from other hens bothering her. I just love this Coop and it is a wonderful addition to my Décor in the backyard. Here in Sparks Nevada we recently won a huge victory WE ARE LEGALLY ALLOWED TO HAVE BACKYARD CHICKENS!!!! The new ordinance passed 3 weeks ago. So I get to keep my beautiful coop and my babies whom I love so much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom