Coop pics****

I build this coop this week. I am a lady and I had no help and used all scrap wood. Not beautiful and today was my one chickens first day in it. If I can do it you can do it

Well that's really impressive cuz I'm not a lady and less of a builder. Tho now I'm living this rural life I'm also on this learning curve. Good on you for a good start.

Aww thanks. My husband said its the kind of coop you hide behind the barn
. I know its not perfect but I tried...he's not a builder either

Here's my lovely coop! I still have to paint it. Was going to paint it teal blue and the trim pieces white! Its 8x8 and the run is 8x14. I have a tarp lining the floor of the coop to make cleaning a breeze! Just sweep up the flakes and lay down new! No poop or water absorbing into the floor.

I think all these coops are gorgeous, But this coop feels like home!! Would I be able to keep 20-25 Black Jersey Giants in this? And how big should I make the nesting boxes? Of course the run will be huge!! It will be partly covered with wood, but all of it covered with wire.

I think all these coops are gorgeous, But this coop feels like home!! Would I be able to keep 20-25 Black Jersey Giants in this? And how big should I make the nesting boxes? Of course the run will be huge!! It will be partly covered with wood, but all of it covered with wire. 

Thank you!!
I have 14 Barred Rocks in this coop and will be expanding the run this spring for them. Something much bigger and taller with different things to jump on and a tire with dust and sand it in so they can dust themselves. I don't think this size coop would fit more than 16 chickens comfortably. But you could always expand it to make it fit your needs.

Thank you!!
I have 14 Barred Rocks in this coop and will be expanding the run this spring for them. Something much bigger and taller with different things to jump on and a tire with dust and sand it in so they can dust themselves. I don't think this size coop would fit more than 16 chickens comfortably. But you could always expand it to make it fit your needs.

Since I have a huge family, I need a big flock. I'll definitely tweak this a bit, but your's will be my inspiration LOL What kind of litter do you have on your floors?

Since I have a huge family, I need a big flock. I'll definitely tweak this a bit, but your's will be my inspiration LOL What kind of litter do you have on your floors?

I have a trap to cover and protect the floor. Then I get pine wood shavings from TSC and put a nice layer on the floor. Then just a broom and shovel to clean up. Very easy!

This is my "Chicken Condo" I got three chicken coop kits and attached them to each other with runs, the center run has a roof because it is mostly under a tree, too many leaves are not good for chicken diets. I had so much fun making this and now I have 8 Chickens and 3 pullets in it. 2 Black Copper Marans, 2 Golden Comets, 1 Welsummer, 1 Easter Egger, 1 Cockoo Marans, Right now I have my Blue Favaucana in the far left area with her 3 Ameraucana Chicks. 1 I can separate the two outer "huts." so that if I have a hen go broody I can let her sit and she will be protected from other hens bothering her. I just love this Coop and it is a wonderful addition to my Décor in the backyard. Here in Sparks Nevada we recently won a huge victory WE ARE LEGALLY ALLOWED TO HAVE BACKYARD CHICKENS!!!! The new ordinance passed 3 weeks ago. So I get to keep my beautiful coop and my babies whom I love so much.

Back
Top Bottom