coop windows

spunkyfroggie

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 19, 2014
Louisville Kentucky
I was reading somewhere that you can take plastic sheeting and plastic lattice and make a window. I of course cannot find where I read it. Has anyone heard I this? Any ideas on the subject? Thanks!

These are just my thoughts.
The plastic sheeting won't give any ventilation and the plastic lattice probably isn't strong enough to keep a raccoon out nor the openings small enough to keep weasels and mink out.

Here's a pic of one of the windows in my new coop. I simply cut a hole between two studs in the coop wall, nailed in two cross pieces of 2 x 4 to form the top and bottom of the opening. Then, I fastened hardware cloth on the inside, and built a plexiglass window for the outside.It is hinged at the top to open out. Finally, I added the awning to keep rain from coming in the open window.

If you don't have the tools for all that, perhaps you could make your windows out of sheeting and lattice and attach them with hinges to allow ventilation, and put the hardware cloth on the inside?

Last edited:

Here's a pic of one of the windows in my new coop. I simply cut a hole between two studs in the coop wall, nailed in two cross pieces of 2 x 4 to form the top and bottom of the opening. Then, I fastened hardware cloth on the inside, and built a plexiglass window for the outside.It is hinged at the top to open out. Finally, I added the awning to keep rain from coming in the open window.
Very nice!

Back
Top Bottom