Copper Blue Marans...What do U Think?

Chix-in-GA

Songster
11 Years
Nov 17, 2008
Nashville, GA
I have an oportunity to buy some eggs through a USAF buddy in the UK. I have some pics of the Hens and Roo from this breeder. Also have some pics of the eggs they are producing.

I am really new to Marans and would like some opinions on these birds.

I would not normally care but the cost in getting them from overseas is a bit higher than here in the states. These come directly from a French line! I thought it would be cool to bring a new bloodline to the states.

Anyway, let me know if you think the eggs might be worth the effort.

18722_pc280005.jpg

18722_pc280031.jpg

18722_pc280030.jpg

18722_pc280033.jpg

Nice eggs and birds, BUT I would think real hard about getting eggs from there, cause it is illegal to import eggs and or birds without all the paper work, vets and all. If you do get them from there, you better NOT tell a soul where or when you got em...................just my thoughts...........

I should have clarified...This will be totally legit! We are workin out all the details and paperwork needed to bring them here legally. I truly appreciate the concern.

Quote:
Those birds look great if you can do it legally I am sure you will have many people clamoring for eggs! Just make sure you get enough eggs to make it worth your wile just not one dozen. They look amazing good luck.

Henry

from what I understand, to do it legit takes quite a lot of money more than buying here in the states, like hundreds of dollars more. When I researched it I was told it would take over $1000. If you go to the marans thread and ask there you will get answers, because I know I wasn't the first to consider importing, many there have more info than I
wink.png
. I do remember it being discussed on the yahoo marans site and what was mentioned was - extremely expensive & low hatchability, and also something about the parent stock needs to be tested(more than once) and not many breeders want to go through the effort. There is a big issue with bird flu so it is a tricky thing
hmm.png
Good luck!

Quote:
Yup its pretty expensive...I am a member of the Yahoo group as well. I dont mind the cost if the end result is worth it. We have been working out all the details about getting the birds inspected. We are on the second set of test at present. Its a pretty neat prospect and I hope it works out for the best.
fl.gif

Thanks for your input and I will take all the constructive critisism that is available. You guys are the best!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom