Corgis and Great Danes?

Here is a pic of our 3 Corgis pooped out
2010corgipicnic104-1.jpg

Here is Missy
1-22-10storm025.jpg

Manny in the snow
1-22-10storm027.jpg

we love our Corgis. they hate being away from us. Since they sat on the controler and dropped that round bale off the truck I no longer take all 3 out to feed the cattle.
Now Missy does not like Stubby being anywhere near Manny, she gets very jealous. But if it is just Missy and Stubby they sleep together and play.
Yes they do shed a lot, but if you take the time you can teach them to enjoy being vaccumed. Manny loves it.
biggest problem with Manny is he tore his right ACL in his hind leg and got retired from herding. He has the best instinct I have ever seen in a dog.
We did have to re-home another Corgi that started killing DS's show rabbits. She would try to get them even in the outdoor cages that were off the ground.

Will never have a different breed. I would like to have a Cardigan some day though. The ones I have seen have been awesome dogs.

I have a Great Dane. He will be 7 years old next Saturday. He is the love of my life. I have had many dogs in my life. All have been special but he is without a doubt the best dog I have ever had. He was very easy to housebreak. Going to the door by 9 weeks of age. Has had his share of health problems. Nothing major but just constant. He has allergies in the fall and has been on medicine for hypothyroid disease since he as about 2 years old. He has alot of fatty tumors that have been tested. One was removed. When you have a large dog, vet costs are amplified of course. He eats about 6 cups of food a day. I go through a 30lb bag of Eagle Pack every 3 weeks for him and a JRT. He has three large dog beds piled one on top of the other. He actually prefers the sofa but at night we make him come into the bedroom. It is true that unfortunately Danes do not live as long as many smaller dogs. Seamus is my second Dane. He likes riding in the car. I have a small four door sedan and he gets into the back of it somehow and seems to have enough room. He is 37inches at his shoulders and weighs 173lbs.

I will try to upload pictures of him. Hopefully it works. I don't always get it right. Here goes. He is stunning. I know, everyone says that about their dog.

55016_13a.jpg

55016_4a.jpg

Danes are wonderful dogs. Just be really careful in picking out a breeder. But, that goes for any dog.

My daughter had Poncho's stomach tacked after the first "turnover," but it obviously came undone, as he had to have emergency surgery again a year or two later. I know both emergency surgeries were more than $3,000 each. Luckily the first time he was boarded at a posh pet place where the attendants recognized what had happened, and the second time she was home with him. It's a VERY dire emergency. This was also several years ago, so even if I asked her for cost, it would probably be no longer relevent.

I have a pembroke welsh corgi. He is 7 and the friendliest dog in the world. He thinks he is a lap dog and tries to sit in our laps, but he is too heavy for that (think he's almost 40 lb). Everyone LOVES him. His name is Buddy and lives up to it
smile.png
Aggression has been completely unheard of with this dog. If he gets food that he is not supposed to have, I can always take it away from him (maybe not recommended for most dogs!) and he has never considered biting anyone.

He is the biggest baby. He doesn't want to go out in the rain. He hides from loud noises... so maybe not the best guard dog but we love him anyway. lol Although, he does alert us to people outside, he barks at anyone that comes... and then runs up to them happily to get pet
smile.png

Also, we have an underground fence. He trained to it SO EASY. I hear it is because he is a herding dog that likes boundaries. He likes to run around the perimeter.

59089_buddy2.jpg

Buddy

59089_buddy.jpg

Buddy the Reindog

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom