Rocky Pine chicken chick

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2023
She is beautiful! My grandparents male ACD was extremely aggressive with my chicken, he would go out of his way to attack, killed 10+ chickens he was also extremely inbred. We had to get rid of him so they are looking for a new dog. they have cows so they are looking for something that will help move the cattle but is good with chickens. Thinking about cowboy corgi aka ACD×Welsh Corgi wondering if anyone had any experience with that breed and wondering if they were good with chickens.

Well.. I've actually had very good chicken experience with Queensland Heeler often called ACD.. training matters as well as individual temperament.. While I have a bunch of other thoughts and suggestions.. I'll go ahead and leave that to other posters who keep and use working dogs.

Sorry for your loss!

Since my heeler passed earlier this year, I was also thinking about getting a corgi.. I see the "cowboys" advertised all the time but didn't know what that was.

Best wishes finding a suitable furry helper! :fl

All my guard dogs do not have access to the chickens. They guard the perimeter. Personally I wouldn't trust any dog breed but a trained LGD with my chickens unsupervised. But I know other people have had success with other dog breeds or mixes, it's just a risk I'm not willing to take

Back
Top Bottom