Corid and electrolytes together?

jjared

Chirping
May 21, 2017
I'm treating 9 week old chicks for cocci with Corid in their drinking water, but we've suddenly experienced a heat wave, and they're waning. Can I add some electrolytes to their water that's already treated with Corid? Really concerned about my girls....

I don't really see why not. Corid is simply a thiamine blocker to keep the cocci parasite from reproducing. I can't think of anything in electrolytes that would interfere with that, and vice versa.

Normally we advise not mixing too many different things in chicks' drinking water, but not giving them electrolytes during a heat wave would be risky.

x2
There should be no reason to not mix. The vitamin B in the electrolytes shouldn't intefere with the Corid at the protozoa level and should help the chicks as coccidiosis robs the bird of vitamin B.

LofMc

I don't really see why not. Corid is simply a thiamine blocker to keep the cocci parasite from reproducing. I can't think of anything in electrolytes that would interfere with that, and vice versa.

Normally we advise not mixing too many different things in chicks' drinking water, but not giving them electrolytes during a heat wave would be risky.
Thank you. Added some in tonight and am hoping to see much improvement in the next few days.

x2
There should be no reason to not mix. The vitamin B in the electrolytes shouldn't intefere with the Corid at the protozoa level and should help the chicks as coccidiosis robs the bird of vitamin B.

LofMc
Thank you. I added the electrolytes and am praying they will improve quickly.

Back
Top Bottom