Corid Dosage for treating coocidiosis for ckn's

According to Corid, 3/4 of a teaspoon weighs 2.268 grams, which is 453.6mg. Twice that amount is what is needed if one believes that 9.5ml (912mg) of the liquid is the correct amount.

I've done the math several ways, I've even weighed corn starch, which has a similar density to Corid. If anyone doubts me, find a gram scale and weigh 4.536 grams of corid or Amprol and I'll bet you that it will be more than 1 teaspoon.

-Kathy

Last edited:
According to Corid, 3/4 of a teaspoon weighs 2.268 grams, which is 453.6mg. Twice that amount is what is needed if one believes that 9.5ml (912mg) of the liquid is the correct amount.

I've done the math several ways, I've even weighed corn starch, which has a similar density to Corid. If anyone doubts me, find a gram scale and weigh 4.536 grams of corid or Amprol and I'll bet you that it will be more than 1 teaspoon.

-Kathy
Corid has a wide safety margin. Whether using 10 ml of 9.6% solution used as a treatment dose won't make any difference. 2 tsp = 9.85784318 ml. People have been using the 2 tsp per gallon treatment amount for many years to treat symptoms successfully.

Corid has a wide safety margin. Whether using 10 ml of 9.6% solution used as a treatment dose won't make any difference. 2 tsp = 9.85784318 ml. People have been using the 2 tsp per gallon treatment amount for many years to treat symptoms successfully.

My issue is not with the liquid dose and I know it doesn't matter if you use 9.5ml (912mg), two teaspoons (946.35mg) or 10ml (960mg), all three treat the water to about the .024% level. My issue is that people have been saying for years that the powder dose is 1/2 teaspoon, but the liquid dose is 9.5ml, how can that be? There is no way that 1/2 teaspoon of the powder weighs 4.536 grams!

-Kathy

Last edited:
This is what I did with corn starch:
Here is part one of the experiment. Goal was to figure out how much 3.5 tablespoons of Corid weighs, but I don't have Corid powder, so I used corn starch. I very gently filled the spoons and made them as level as possible without compacting the powder by using a straight edge.

3.5 tablespoons of corn starch - scale set to ounces

3.5 tablespoons of corn starch - scale set to grams

Clear picture of gram reading

Clear picture of ounce reading

Spoons used

All items used

The Corid website says that the 3.5 tablespoons of the powder weighs 28.35 grams. As you can see from above, corn starch has a density similar to that of Corid. What I need to do next is weigh 1.5 teaspoons and see how close that is to 4.536 grams.

-Kathy

My issue is not with the liquid dose and I know it doesn't matter if you use 9.5ml (912mg), two teaspoons (946.35mg) or 10ml (960mg), all three treat the water to about the .024% level. My issue is that people have been saying for years that the powder dose is 1/2 teaspoon, but the liquid dose is 9.5ml, how can that be? There is no way that 1/2 teaspoon of the powder weighs 4.536 grams!

-Kathy
Like I mentioned, there's unnecessary confusion between dosage treatment of symptoms and prevention dosage of symptoms.

Prevention: 9.6% Corid is 1 tsp per gallon of water.

Treatment: 9.6% Corid is 2 tsp per gallon of water.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Prevention: 20% Corid powder is .5 tsp per gallon of water.

Treatment: 20% Corid powder is 1 tsp per gallon of water.

Last edited:
So are you saying that there are 900mg of amprolium in one teaspoon of Corid? 'cause I think there's less than 600mg, it's probably closer to 550mg. 1/2 teaspoon has less than 300mg.

-Kathy

Last edited:
So are you saying that there are 900mg of amprolium in one teaspoon of Corid? 'cause I think there's less than 600mg, it's probably closer to 550mg. 1/2 teaspoon has less than 300mg.

-Kathy
I think weighing starch isn't an accurate comparison with Corid powder. Creatine would be closer in weight from what I remember the Corid powder to be like. Either way, the difference in prevention versus treatment dosages are done by volume measurements. Those measurements, which I mentioned, have proven to be effective dosages over a long period of time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom