Corid dosing confusion...

BecBec89

Chirping
Nov 3, 2018
South Carolina
So I have been researching Corid for a few days now, and I am trying to figure out how long my rooster should be taking it.

He is receiving the liquid Corid from the vet, and it says 1oz for 2 gallons of water. At the risk of sounding stupid, I have no idea what my vet wants me to do. I just got off the phone with them, and I was told to give him all of the medicine. And then I will receive more Corid for a second round. If I'm supposed to make fresh mixed water daily, then he will have been on a full dose (1Tbs per gallon) for 8 days. That is 1 day longer on the full dose than everyone suggests. To be honest, I don't have much confidence in the vet that I have available to me. My husband picked up the medicine for me, and they never mentioned needing a second round of corid after this!!

Quite frankly I find it to be a waste considering my rooster isn't going to drink a whole gallon in one day! I'm planning on doing the math and mixing a smaller amount into one quart each day.

So does anyone have any suggestions on how long I should give my rooster corid while he is on the 1Tbs-1Gal ratio?

This is what people usually give
Treatment20% Powder9.6% Liquid
For 3-5 days1.5 teaspoons per gallon2 teaspoons per gallon
then for 7-14 days1/3 teaspoon per gallon1/2 teaspoon per gallon

Your vet may have a reason for using more, like maybe they think your rooster isn't going to drink enough. The amount they suggested is perfectly safe, so I would follow their directions and do that.
1 tablespoon per gallon = 3/4 teaspoon per quart

This is what people usually give
Treatment20% Powder9.6% Liquid
For 3-5 days1.5 teaspoons per gallon2 teaspoons per gallon
then for 7-14 days1/3 teaspoon per gallon1/2 teaspoon per gallon

Your vet may have a reason for using more, like maybe they think your rooster isn't going to drink enough. The amount they suggested is perfectly safe, so I would follow their directions and do that.
1 tablespoon per gallon = 3/4 teaspoon per quart
Thank you so much for this! And thank you for the tsp-qrt ratio! I appreciate you taking your time to respond! :)

Thank you so much for this! And thank you for the tsp-qrt ratio! I appreciate you taking your time to respond! :)
You're welcome! Please do trust your vet and give it as he suggested, just give the per quart amount. 5 days or 8 days, it doesn't matter, I'm sure he has a reason.

You're welcome! Please do trust your vet and give it as he suggested, just give the per quart amount. 5 days or 8 days, it doesn't matter, I'm sure he has a reason.
To be honest my hen was the only one seen at the vet. She passed a lash egg, which the vet had never heard of such a thing. He prescribed her sulfadived, which I had to inquire on my own how much she should take. I also didn't know that I was supposed to make a fresh mixture of it daily. I started doing some research online and found the information. Thankfully she is fully recovered... After receiving the same two gallons worth for 14 days straight.

I called the vet after noticing coccidiosis related issues with my roo, and they prescribed him the sulfadived as well, which didn't work. So I called them back and they prescribed him the corid at my request.

Back
Top Bottom