Corn and Soy free......?

Where do you get corn and soy free chicken feed? I am getting chicks soon and really want to see if their not having corm and soy will eliminate my growing reaction to them.

Thank you!

Where do you get corn and soy free chicken feed? I am getting chicks soon and really want to see if their not having corm and soy will eliminate my growing reaction to them.

Thank you!

Where do you live? Are you open to the idea of having your food shipped to you? These are the two most limiting factors for getting a corn and soy free feed. The best I can do is soy free and organic, and I order from countrysideorganics.com. If you are out west, there are more options out there.

You want organic to make sure you avoid GMO's. That is really important. The egg yoke is where most of your protein is so what the bird eats protein wise is what is in these yokes. That would be your soy, in my case it's flax seed, and then grass, bugs and other plants. You need to avoid soy because unless it's fermented, it is not good for you or your birds. Grass is very important to your egg quality. If your yokes are not Orange, they are not good for you. Yellow yokes are lacking omega 3's and Lutein. I hope this helps. Mercola.com does have a lot of good info on this subject.

See if Prince delivers to any local stores in your area. They deliver to Ace hardware here and I order from natures grown. I get it for around $26 / 50lbs.

Most soy and corn are GMO's which are very bad for anyone that eats them, or products fed to animals with GMO's. You should educate yourself on them, they are scary!

someone said they thought it was political more than health reasons, so I'll say it again. not political for me. soy is a phyto estrogen, and I'm dealing with a possibly cancerous ovarian tumor. Why add hormones to your body if you don't need to, or add to the hormone pills you take with most everything you find in a grocery and wind up taking way more hormones than you need to?

Last edited:
You want organic to make sure you avoid GMO's.  That is really important.  The egg yoke is where most of your protein is so what the bird eats protein wise is what is in these yokes.  That would be your soy, in my case it's flax seed, and then grass, bugs and other plants.  You need to avoid soy because unless it's fermented, it is not good for you or your birds.  Grass is very important to your egg quality.  If your yokes are not Orange, they are not good for you.  Yellow yokes are lacking omega 3's and Lutein.  I hope this helps.   Mercola.com does have a lot of good info on this subject.

Do you just buy flaxseed like I buy for myself at the grocery and feed it to them?

I'm considering using hemp oil on sunflower seeds or some large whole seed since it has a better ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 oils, but that's just research knowledge, not actual hands on experience.

Where can I get corn-free layer feed in the Central Florida area? My daughter is allergic to corn so I'm hoping to avoid it completely when our chicks are ready to be switched to layer feed.

Back
Top Bottom