Cornish Thread

Two of the possible fathers,welps slow grow broiler on the left,White Jersey Giant on the right

I don't know if the white roosters are dominant white or recessive- if they are dominant white then it's likely Dad was the Cornish. If the white roosters are recessive white, it could be either of the 3. We will be able to tell more once the chick grows up.
By the way your roosters are all stunning. I think if I ever got Jersey Giants I'd get the white ones- a magnificent pure white rooster is a beautiful sight!

Thanks,for the kind words. The Dark Cornish male is being replaced with a SOP bird when I get back. The slow grow broiler isn't as tall as the Giant,but he outweighs him. He also has the BEST. disposition

I'm going to CanadianBuckeye,right now I'm out of state for two months in Colorado working (it's KILLING ME) My DW sends me pictures each day but it's not helping with the chicken withdrawals

Thanks,for the kind words. The Dark Cornish male is being replaced with a SOP bird when I get back. The slow grow broiler isn't as tall as the Giant,but he outweighs him. He also has the BEST. disposition

The sop birds are great looking but they worry me a bit, especially the cockerels. I got the cockerel coming from Linda in South Georgia and he will certainly fill the bill for me since I don't plan to show and he is already over 7...very near 8 pounds at 5 months of age...Not show quality but certainly functional and will not crash my poultry budget.

Back
Top Bottom