Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

But people figure if they don't know the dead, it's just a government whitewash of other issues.
Yeah that’s the sad part. I haven’t known anyone to die from it personally, but I have heard a few on here who have lost loved ones. That in itself to me is enough to wear my mask. For others protection more than my own. I don’t want to be responsible for harming anyone.

So, total change of subject here, but back to original topic, Covid-19.... since some of the country seems to think it's time to go back to "life as it was before" and "there never was really a virus" or whatever ... DH and I are still taking all precautions and will continue to do so, going out only when absolutely necessary, wearing masks, etc., not even going to church. So we have had a couple of folks/friends assure us they understand completely why we are doing all this and totally agree and support us in it ... and then ask if they can come visit! And then get their feelings hurt when we say, uh, no.... is anyone else getting these mixed signals? And how are you dealing with it?
Yes. With a twist. Knowing full well my damaged lungs from the Navy a friend offered to help me with some stuff now that he was healthy again.... He tested positive for the anti-bodies approx 21 days earlier - when we talk on the phone. Thankfully the rain showed up during the two days he offered to come help out with stuff.

Needless to say, I appreciate the offer but, not sure he fully grasped the reality of my body's immune system doesn't need to have an exciting time around him right now.

So, total change of subject here, but back to original topic, Covid-19.... since some of the country seems to think it's time to go back to "life as it was before" and "there never was really a virus" or whatever ... DH and I are still taking all precautions and will continue to do so, going out only when absolutely necessary, wearing masks, etc., not even going to church. So we have had a couple of folks/friends assure us they understand completely why we are doing all this and totally agree and support us in it ... and then ask if they can come visit! And then get their feelings hurt when we say, uh, no.... is anyone else getting these mixed signals? And how are you dealing with it?
I’m not going to church either but I’m confused on everything.

First they said you could get it by touching things and then touching your face then they said that you couldn’t get it that wayFirst they said you could get it by touching things and then touching your face then they said that you couldn’t get it that way... all of it is confusing

Yeah that’s the sad part. I haven’t known anyone to die from it personally, but I have heard a few on here who have lost loved ones. That in itself to me is enough to wear my mask. For others protection more than my own. I don’t want to be responsible for harming anyone.
Someone on here (BYC) has passed from it
I’m not going to church either but I’m confused on everything.

First they said you could get it by touching things and then touching your face then they said that you couldn’t get it that wayFirst they said you could get it by touching things and then touching your face then they said that you couldn’t get it that way... all of it is confusing
That's just it.... we don't know what we just don't know. (collective we)
Already this virus has acted in ways scientists did not expect and is not acting like other coronaviruses as the scientists did expect. I take all the info out there with a grain of salt and a whole lot of extra caution.

Of course, stir in the fact that unfortunately many are getting their info from somewhere with a political slant, and now it's being used for patisan gain, plus all the misinformation out there swirling around...no wonder it's confusing.

Someone on here (BYC) has passed from it

That's just it.... we don't know what we just don't know. (collective we)
Already this virus has acted in ways scientists did not expect and is not acting like other coronaviruses as the scientists did expect. I take all the info out there with a grain of salt and a whole lot of extra caution.

Of course, stir in the fact that unfortunately many are getting their info from somewhere with a political slant, and now it's being used for patisan gain, plus all the misinformation out there swirling around...no wonder it's confusing.
Yeah it’s definitely confusing. I just stay home it solves most of the problem

Back
Top Bottom