Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

ChickenCanoe

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Nov 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO
That is great news.

An amazing number of people are travelling this weekend, including flying. It will be interesting to see what happens to the numbers in the next three weeks.
The skyrocketing numbers make one numb, but I heard a statistic this morning that kind of tells the tale. The US now has 12 million cases, but 1/4 of them have come since the beginning of this month. Over 4 million new cases in 3 weeks. :eek:

Singapore went 100 days with no new cases from the end of July till November 10. No community spread. All their new cases were imported.
The sad difference is they what shows up on the statista web site.

"Combating the second wave of Covid-19
Singapore imposed a strict lockdown period between April 7 and June 1, which saw the closure of entertainment venues, food establishments, places of worship, non-essential services, and schools. This seemed to have the intended impact, as the number of daily recorded cases started to decrease after the restrictions were put in place. From June 2, these restrictions were gradually lifted, albeit with strict rules governing mask-wearing, contact tracing, and social distancing, such as limits on the size of private gatherings. Those caught flouting these measures face hefty fines, and subsequent offenders could even face jail time. "

A drastic alternative to mass death.

Last edited:

IamRainey

Crowing
Aug 22, 2017
Los Angeles (Woodland Hills); gardening zone 9B
An amazing number of people are travelling this weekend, including flying. It will be interesting to see what happens to the numbers in the next three weeks.

The evidence from Canada -- where they celebrate Thanksgiving in October -- is already in. The rates are going to rise dramatically. Canada got on their infection early in the Spring and have kept cases down to a tiny fraction of our rate of infection until now. But following the travel and the gathering of their Thanksgiving their rate is soaring.

Last edited:

EmmaDonovan

Songster
Jul 13, 2020
Southern Arizona
Thinking of getting one of those masks that says "IT GOES OVER YOUR NOSE". Too many people who don't get it. Everyone was "wearing" a mask at the grocery store today as we get record high cases and overwhelmed hospitals but a bunch of people had them pulled down, some even down to their chins.

I love it when people pull it off so they can talk to you. 😒

electrycmonk

_This space intentionally left blank_
Premium Feather Member
Aug 8, 2019
Happily caught in the 'Denton vortex', Tx
My Coop
My Coop
I love it when people pull it off so they can talk to you. 😒
Yeah, I know...... Last night "Krogering" I stepped to the side for a lady to get something mid isle and as she was deciding her *guy* shows up and walks up to her -eyes me & pulls his mask under his chin to talk to her back (she didn't turn around as I rolled my eyes at him and walked away quickly) ..... I mumbled "putz" as I walked off & did not turn around.

Was wearing my camo blouse with all my Navy patches on it.

He said nothing nor would look at me the few other times we crossed paths in the store. A few times his mask was under his chin.

Top Bottom