Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

In lighter news I'm working on my holiday gifts that we'll be doing no contact drop offs for. We're making our list and checking it twice. We'll be giving everyone a chip from our Yule log for our new-years-wish burning ritual and some other things either purchased or more likely made.

This years hot-ticket item - rabbit sausage! Mmmmmm. Also making shower melts and cocoa bombs and some bookmarks, among other things.

Last edited:
@Folly's place That's been every time I've been to TSC here. ;_; For the whole pandemic. And it's EVERY staff member that has them under their nose and like 3-4 customers totally maskless. ;_; I feel it in my bones. I wish I had somewhere else to go.

You can get things delivered. There's a shipping fee but it may be worth it to avoid infection.

My local feedstore stopped carrying all flock because they're small and can't meet the distributor's minimum order. I got 120# delivered from TSC to my door for about $12-$15. Since the only TSC is at least 20 minutes from me, that's not a lot more than I would have spent on gas.

One of my friends has been battling a 'cold' for the past couple of weeks. Last night he crashed in cardiac/respiratory distress - long story short he is Covid positive and has suffered a heart attack. Pray for Dale. Thanks.
That is, in my own humble opinion, THE WORST thing about this virus. It sneaks up on you disguised as a mild-mannered "other illness," like allergies or the common cold. By the time you realize you're really sick, you've been shedding (sharing) the virus for nearly a week and the deeper symptoms have started settling in.
Having been through exactly that scenario, I now understand how this virus took the world by surprise ... and by storm. We were expecting a dramatic, flu-like illness. What we got was a case of the sniffles with a huge back-hand punch. Come to think of it, that may be why so many people think/thought it was a hoax. It doesn't LOOK like what we thought a pandemic-style virus should.
Prayers for Dale - and everyone else dealing with and/or actively fighting the spread of this monster. Stay safe, everybody.

@Folly's place That's been every time I've been to TSC here. ;_; For the whole pandemic. And it's EVERY staff member that has them under their nose and like 3-4 customers totally maskless. ;_; I feel it in my bones. I wish I had somewhere else to go.
Our TSC is the same way. When we have to use them, we order online and have them bring it right to the car. We spray everything down before it goes in and before we close up the vehicle. o we get funny looks? Yup. Rude comments? Occasionally. Do we care? Not a whit!

The "black dog" has gone on a walk-about.... This last 2 months seems to of been the longest I've experienced it.
I'll second that one! You've had a rough run of it, all the way around.

It's taking a long time to get breathing levels back to normal around here, but we're slowly coming back. Now we have other major family crises popping up - a few Covid-related, but mostly just major health issues catching up with the older crowd. Its tough, because some have put off necessary check-ups and/or procedures for fear of going out. Others, Like my Dad, simply can't have the procedures they need because the hospitals have put them on hold.

It seems like we're always waiting cautiously for the proverbial "other shoe to drop," but these days, it seems like we're dealing with a dad-blamed centipede. Will someone - please - either take away the beastie's shoes or tie all the laces together so they stay put? I'm tired of this mess!

I drove about 80 miles into the boonies to buy some wood yesterday. The farther I got off the interstate, the more scarce masks were. I really got some strange looks when I got way out there but no one gave me a hard time about my mask.
It also has rooster pictures on it.

Back
Top Bottom