Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

129610609_758356004890035_1091239785936555614_n.jpg

Ya'll see that star on Cuyahoga up there that's turning purple? Surrounded by purple?
That's me.
🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃😭

90% of the comments on this post were asking to have our governor impeached for his mask mandate.

Well, Thanksgiving was quiet, but really nice ... at least until the dishes got cleared. Then today, the hits started right back up where they left off. I said Good Bye to my father, today. He wasn't particularly sick, other than the usual chronic issues of an 84 year old man with a heart condition, so it was a surprise. Covid had nothing to do with it, except to make my family, including my distraught stepmother, wait out in the parking lot for over an hour before they determined that there was nothing more they could do and they could just let us all in, anyway. At least I was able to be with him when he passed. Small comfort ... but comfort, nonetheless.
Tonight is hard. Like so many others, these days, I am ready for the pain and craziness that has been 2020 to be done.
Oh, I'm so sorry! I started having a hard time last night. An extreme wave of depression came over me. I'm missing my sister that passed here at home in May. Mentally disabled. Always here for Christmas. Please know, that I know your pain. I'm so so sorry.

DD's birthday is tomorrow. She wants to go out for pizza with my mother. I'm going to have to really upset both of them, because there's no way we're going to a restaurant exactly one week after so many fools gathered for Thanksgiving get-togethers and I don't trust my home to be Covid free after we were so sick. I hate to do it to her. She's lost so much already - prom, graduation, her last year of Marching Band, both the County and State 4H Fairs and her last year as a camp counselor. Then there's my Mom - at 80, there's no guarantee she'll be around for another year. My Dad just taught us that. Any suggestions for making her day special are welcome. Maybe we'll have pizza round a campfire in the driveway!
Birthday Update:
We had four people coming over for an outdoor firepit evening - all young friends, no older family. We cancelled at the last minute because guess who's sporting a low-grade fever? Yup, we're currently trying to find a rapid testing site so she knows if she can go to work, tonight. Thank Goodness all of her college classes are online.

129610609_758356004890035_1091239785936555614_n.jpg

Ya'll see that star on Cuyahoga up there that's turning purple? Surrounded by purple?
That's me.
🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃😭

90% of the comments on this post were asking to have our governor impeached for his mask mandate.
Those "90%-er's" are very likely also classified as "Darwin Award Contenders" for they likely exhibit the cerebral fortitude to extract themselves from the gene pool in short order?

Those "90%-er's" are very likely also classified as "Darwin Award Contenders" for they likely exhibit the cerebral fortitude to extract themselves from the gene pool in short order?

It's all very well and good to wish much schadenfreude upon them...

But today G came home from work feeling dizzy and just presented with a low grade fever.

These people who refuse to wear masks and take simple precautions aren't just killing themselves - in fact they usually aren't and if they were I would not have a problem with it - they're killing other people. They're killing grocery workers like G, nurses and doctors, people who run your gas stations and make your dinner and clean your public spaces and teach your kids. People who can't afford to take off work, for whom there never was a quarantine or a lockdown or the option to stay home when they felt sick. 10K new cases per day and people are still whining about "the economy" and "muh freeduhms" and it frankly enrages me.

If someone wants to do something dumb and die from it for their own reasons I will defend to the death their right to do it. If they wanna do something dumb that hurts other people they're just horrible humans.

Back
Top Bottom