Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Fascinating cdc article my Better-half shared with me:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cdcresponse/accomplishments/excess-death-data.html

And an update on extended family stats:
Michigan, a bunch are now sick
Arkansas, about a dozen are sick and our favorite Aunt just went into the hospital her hubby is also positive for covid but, still home. The cousin who is a nurse is beside herself in frustration at the rest of the family not being careful or serious still.

Here, good news is both our kiddos are better health wise but, the elder teen is still in the mental fog from covid and it's been really hard on her.
I feel her pain - and her frustration. The mental fog was, by far, the worst part for me. I was constantly losing thoughts and reaching for words to complete my sentences, which DB found hysterically funny, after the fact. Then there was feeling as though every step was being taken on the first or last step of an escalator ... the floor kept moving! Tell her to stay hydrated with room-temp or warmer beverages. It doesn't sound right, but it definitely helps.

Stay safe, with folks going out for thanksgiving and soon Christmas these numbers are going to, and already are getting really bad. Wear your mask, don't go out unless you have to, wash your hands.

1606950740021.png

We're calling the doctor tomorrow to get a release note for DS. If his work won't accept it instead of the retest he can't get, his last employer will take him back in a heartbeat. I understand the fear, but at some point, logic has to prevail ... at least a little bit!
Update - Doctor sent a release note, Employer accepted it. DS went happily back to work. DD went back last weekend. That leaves just me at home - unemployed since Covid shut down the schools and wallowing in a limbo of grief. I can barely get myself up and moving every day, and I'm supposed to be job-hunting in this mess.

I feel her pain - and her frustration. The mental fog was, by far, the worst part for me. I was constantly losing thoughts and reaching for words to complete my sentences, which DB found hysterically funny, after the fact. Then there was feeling as though every step was being taken on the first or last step of an escalator ... the floor kept moving! Tell her to stay hydrated with room-temp or warmer beverages. It doesn't sound right, but it definitely helps.
I just shared it with my Better-half.... Thanks a bunch @MROO :hugs

Stay safe, with folks going out for thanksgiving and soon Christmas these numbers are going to, and already are getting really bad. Wear your mask, don't go out unless you have to, wash your hands.

View attachment 2434677
DD's birthday is tomorrow. She wants to go out for pizza with my mother. I'm going to have to really upset both of them, because there's no way we're going to a restaurant exactly one week after so many fools gathered for Thanksgiving get-togethers and I don't trust my home to be Covid free after we were so sick. I hate to do it to her. She's lost so much already - prom, graduation, her last year of Marching Band, both the County and State 4H Fairs and her last year as a camp counselor. Then there's my Mom - at 80, there's no guarantee she'll be around for another year. My Dad just taught us that. Any suggestions for making her day special are welcome. Maybe we'll have pizza round a campfire in the driveway!

DD's birthday is tomorrow. She wants to go out for pizza with my mother. I'm going to have to really upset both of them, because there's no way we're going to a restaurant exactly one week after so many fools gathered for Thanksgiving get-togethers and I don't trust my home to be Covid free after we were so sick. I hate to do it to her. She's lost so much already - prom, graduation, her last year of Marching Band, both the County and State 4H Fairs and her last year as a camp counselor. Then there's my Mom - at 80, there's no guarantee she'll be around for another year. My Dad just taught us that. Any suggestions for making her day special are welcome. Maybe we'll have pizza round a campfire in the driveway!

Not sure who DD is but sorry to hear that it's affected her. It's been rough, rough being a massive understatement. If she's old enough I'm sure she'll understand it's for the best, even if it does upset her initially. There's absolutely no way I'd be going to a restaurant either, good on you for keeping you and yours safe.

Not sure who DD is but sorry to hear that it's affected her. It's been rough, rough being a massive understatement. If she's old enough I'm sure she'll understand it's for the best, even if it does upset her initially. There's absolutely no way I'd be going to a restaurant either, good on you for keeping you and yours safe.
DD = "Dear Daughter" ... as opposed to DS - "Dear Son" who is absolutely AGAINST the restaurant idea and has offered to do us up a "proper" fire. We're a family of old-school Scouts, so we have everything we need to do a proper campfire outing. And I'm thinkin' that, if we throw some s'mores into the mix, all objections will literally melt away. It looks like we have a plan!

Back
Top Bottom