Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

It's all very well and good to wish much schadenfreude upon them...

But today G came home from work feeling dizzy and just presented with a low grade fever.

These people who refuse to wear masks and take simple precautions aren't just killing themselves - in fact they usually aren't and if they were I would not have a problem with it - they're killing other people. They're killing grocery workers like G, nurses and doctors, people who run your gas stations and make your dinner and clean your public spaces and teach your kids. People who can't afford to take off work, for whom there never was a quarantine or a lockdown or the option to stay home when they felt sick. 10K new cases per day and people are still whining about "the economy" and "muh freeduhms" and it frankly enrages me.

If someone wants to do something dumb and die from it for their own reasons I will defend to the death their right to do it. If they wanna do something dumb that hurts other people they're just horrible humans.
People don't realize that the key to our liberties is not just "Freedom to." It also includes "Freedom from," which s the key point most of these idiots completely miss!

But on the home front - It's flu season, so we'll keep our fingers crossed that it's "just the flu," but can G get tested quickly? The faster you start quarantine and fluids, the easier it'll be ... hydration is key, and use Tylenol (acetaminophen) not ibuprofen or naproxin or such. Plain Tylenol.

Fingers crossed and prayers reaching out!

People don't realize that the key to our liberties is not just "Freedom to." It also includes "Freedom from," which s the key point most of these idiots completely miss!

But on the home front - It's flu season, so we'll keep our fingers crossed that it's "just the flu," but can G get tested quickly? The faster you start quarantine and fluids, the easier it'll be ... hydration is key, and use Tylenol (acetaminophen) not ibuprofen or naproxin or such. Plain Tylenol.

Fingers crossed and prayers reaching out!

We've actually been quarantined by a doctor and are waiting for results already. G got new health insurance about 3 days ago and they rushed his approval so he could get new glasses later this year and we could afford a quick test as a result.

We're hoping it's "just the flu". He was 101 most of the day but went down to 100.2 after dinner.

DD has not cme home from her test, yet. I'm taking that as a hopeful sign that she had to go to the pharmacy for antibiotics. I know I'm fantasizing and that she's probably just waiting because the testing site is backed up ... but antibiotics mean a sinus infection, not covid, so ... at least for now ... that's my story (aka hope) and I'm sticking to it!

DD has not cme home from her test, yet. I'm taking that as a hopeful sign that she had to go to the pharmacy for antibiotics. I know I'm fantasizing and that she's probably just waiting because the testing site is backed up ... but antibiotics mean a sinus infection, not covid, so ... at least for now ... that's my story (aka hope) and I'm sticking to it!
NO COVID! And no sinus infection. She's got a common cold. We'll take it! But ... I am now completely persona-non-grata for making her cancel her birthday party. We've rescheduled it for next weekend, but I'm definitely on the "Mean Mama" (or at least the clueless one) list, for now. It's funny how much teenagers "know," isn't it? But I stand by the decision to wait. It was the right thing to do.

Thanks much, Rainey! We're just waiting for now. G is shut up in his room with specific instructions on how to clean the bathroom every time he uses it. There's a lil shelf outside his door we're leaving his food on. He has books and video games and the internet so it's not all bad right now. His fever went up to 102 at one point but has been low at 100 since dinner still.

Until the results come back the whole house is quarantined 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom