Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateMouse

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Cleveland OH
It well might. I haven't read enough books lately - I'm always finding myself with my nose in some sort of science paper these days. Just yesterday I read a short comic omnibus I got over a month ago. Took the whole thing out in a hour or two and realized how much I've missed reading things on paper. Everything, even books, are digital these days. Heck even the people are now. *sigh* My eyes are tired. :(

ChocolateMouse

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Cleveland OH
Personally I like weird flavors of things.

G ordered dinner tonight and he ordered me a green tea honeydew milk smoothie with it.
Our household likes green tea and coffee ice cream and G likes the hagen-daaz white chocolate raspberry truffle in particular. Recently they released a set of alcoholic flavored ice cream and the boys really love the chocolate pretzel stout ice cream.

The fancy flavors like that are more expensive, but we just eat less of them.

Dec 28, 2020
Last weekend I went to a local chicken sale with around 300 people in attendance. This was the most normal I have felt around a group since this all began. I sat in a mostly empty section of the stands and while I watched the sale I was struck by the number of people there without masks. I am generally pro mask, especially if someone is sick or even has allergy symptoms. There were maybe 20 masks in the whole place. I was pleased that I heard almost no coughing. After a while I forgot all about corona virus and just enjoyed the show. I can’t wait for the next one now!

About three quarters of the way through the sale a masked man helped carry a large crate of roosters to the center area. The auctioner seemed to know him and said over the microphone, “If you’ll get on ivermectin like most of the rest of these people you can lose that mask.” There was a chuckle in the crowd.

While I am not recommending anyone “lose that mask”, many people are finding a freedom and normalcy that is available today through a combination of a safe drug used in humans for decades(ivermectin) along with zinc, vit c&d, and quercetin.

After months of avoiding people like everyone has the plague, it was nice to visit and not be afraid of spreading or catching.

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
I'd rather wear a mask than take ivermectin, etc. My neighbors are not very outgoing/friendly, so not a problem to me. I wear a face mask on the senior bus - it's mandatory for all of us, though we have one stubborn goat who always has her mask well below her nose. She claims she can't breathe otherwise, even though the rest of us can just fine. She hasn't gotten any shots in her adult life and is convinced they are poison and no one should get them.

We also have our temp. taken without direct contact before we can board the bus. First our pharmacist (CVS in Target store) said we could get the vaccine end of Jan. now says April.
I am 73. My brother is 70 with 2 major heath concerns - he can't even get the vaccine at his doctor's office - they don't have any.

Walgreen's also said they don't have any vaccine in yet. Maybe they don't want to bother with us. We aren't on the NEWS because of their mayor or government or good vaccine fairy.

Who knows maybe someone is waiting for a healthy bribe. I don't have enough cash for that.
I mainly want my shot, so I don't pass the illness on to my brother. The rest of my family lives in other states and haven't been able to get the vaccine either. My sister says her name is on a list but making no progress.(NM)

Dec 28, 2020
I'd rather wear a mask than take ivermectin, etc. My neighbors are not very outgoing/friendly, so not a problem to me. I wear a face mask on the senior bus - it's mandatory for all of us, though we have one stubborn goat who always has her mask well below her nose. She claims she can't breathe otherwise, even though the rest of us can just fine. She hasn't gotten any shots in her adult life and is convinced they are poison and no one should get them.

We also have our temp. taken without direct contact before we can board the bus. First our pharmacist (CVS in Target store) said we could get the vaccine end of Jan. now says April.
I am 73. My brother is 70 with 2 major heath concerns - he can't even get the vaccine at his doctor's office - they don't have any.

Walgreen's also said they don't have any vaccine in yet. Maybe they don't want to bother with us. We aren't on the NEWS because of their mayor or government or good vaccine fairy.

Who knows maybe someone is waiting for a healthy bribe. I don't have enough cash for that.
I mainly want my shot, so I don't pass the illness on to my brother. The rest of my family lives in other states and haven't been able to get the vaccine either. My sister says her name is on a list but making no progress.(NM)

I enjoyed your post. I laughed out loud at the “one stubborn goat” part. 🤣. I wish you the best health and your brother too.

ChocolateMouse

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Cleveland OH
🤔🤔🤔 Doesn't seem like best practice to rely on a treatment that hasn't been approved for use for mass community immunity but I hope it works out. Even if I were on ivermectin I'd mask up while seeing other people. Seems like it'd potentially open the door to the same anti-mask folks who think it's not real to just lie about this instead of "having a medical exemption" and waltz around putting other folks at risk.

Most places are going to be requiring masks even after vaccine rollout ramps up for that reason I suspect.

electrycmonk

_This space intentionally left blank_
Premium Feather Member
Aug 8, 2019
Happily caught in the 'Denton vortex', Tx
My Coop
My Coop
Personally I like weird flavors of things.

G ordered dinner tonight and he ordered me a green tea honeydew milk smoothie with it.
Our household likes green tea and coffee ice cream and G likes the hagen-daaz white chocolate raspberry truffle in particular. Recently they released a set of alcoholic flavored ice cream and the boys really love the chocolate pretzel stout ice cream.

The fancy flavors like that are more expensive, but we just eat less of them.
I'm well established as the "mix master" in the house..... My latest little twist for midnight snack or ... Anytime these days:
Tortilla chips (usually w/a kick of lime flavor) and a nutella or nutella & PB smearing
OR one of these jams: Fig, Orange marmalade, mango

My drinks (all healthy stuff) have been listed her in BYC over the last year plus....

(Smirks) going to try to go to bed again.... It's 4:12 AM.... Yesterday was after 3AM last I looked....
(I've passed over the turbulent waves a few pages back too)

RebeccaRN

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Feb 23, 2020
NE Oklahoma
Last weekend I went to a local chicken sale with around 300 people in attendance. This was the most normal I have felt around a group since this all began. I sat in a mostly empty section of the stands and while I watched the sale I was struck by the number of people there without masks. I am generally pro mask, especially if someone is sick or even has allergy symptoms. There were maybe 20 masks in the whole place. I was pleased that I heard almost no coughing. After a while I forgot all about corona virus and just enjoyed the show. I can’t wait for the next one now!

About three quarters of the way through the sale a masked man helped carry a large crate of roosters to the center area. The auctioner seemed to know him and said over the microphone, “If you’ll get on ivermectin like most of the rest of these people you can lose that mask.” There was a chuckle in the crowd.

While I am not recommending anyone “lose that mask”, many people are finding a freedom and normalcy that is available today through a combination of a safe drug used in humans for decades(ivermectin) along with zinc, vit c&d, and quercetin.

After months of avoiding people like everyone has the plague, it was nice to visit and not be afraid of spreading or catching.
I take Vit D ( have for a couple years) and olive leaf with 50% oleuropein every day. I discovered olive leaf for shingles a few years ago. I believe it was Pfizer pharmaceutical who did extensive research on it and found it kills over 300 viruses. They dropped their research when they found out they couldn't patent it and make a profit. There is no research for effectiveness against covid but I figure there could be a chance.

RebeccaRN

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Feb 23, 2020
NE Oklahoma
Winter creek coop i was wondering about the ivermectin you were talking about and I did find several articles about it being used for covid. I'm gonna research it some more. Thanks for sharing about it. These were a few I found...very interesting

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210126-061201_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-061201_Google.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20210126-061107_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-061107_Google.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom