Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Day 15. Free tests still not shipped.
Haven't received our 'free' tests yet either. I didn't know we even asked for them figured didn't need them beings whole family recently had covid after being vaccinated so no reason to charge $$$ to us and other taxpayers for tests we prob will not need. DW mentioned she did ask for them, people she worked with asked her to so they could have them to keep coworkers working so she did. Can't find them in stores anymore, we could before the Govt bought them up, but now none, so she ordered some of the China 'free' test kits for her coworkers back when everyone else did. Still none. I did get a bunch of ice fishing stuff I ordered online a couple days ago today though...
I didn't think she ordered them for one no good for our kids (even though they give out 'free tests' also), still have to get a 'official one', same with where I work. She said where she works they do recognize the self test kit. Me and the kids, we have to go to a pharmacy drive through get a test, administer it ourselves in our vehicle and hand it back through the window where it is in a 'controlled environment'....

Haven't received our 'free' tests yet either. I didn't know we even asked for them figured didn't need them beings whole family recently had covid after being vaccinated so no reason to charge $$$ to us and other taxpayers for tests we prob will not need. DW mentioned she did ask for them, people she worked with asked her to so they could have them to keep coworkers working so she did. Can't find them in stores anymore, we could before the Govt bought them up, but now none, so she ordered some of the China 'free' test kits for her coworkers back when everyone else did. Still none. I did get a bunch of ice fishing stuff I ordered online a couple days ago today though...
I didn't think she ordered them for one no good for our kids (even though they give out 'free tests' also), still have to get a 'official one', same with where I work. She said where she works they do recognize the self test kit. Me and the kids, we have to go to a pharmacy drive through get a test, administer it ourselves in our vehicle and hand it back through the window where it is in a 'controlled environment'....
Beware I heard two test kits got banned by the FDA for false positives and negatives. Not sure which brands though.

I found this very helpful in understanding the pathophysiology and treatment of covid infections. It is mostly not about ivermectin.

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/time-for-mid-pandemic-correction

For just the medical take (as opposed to political) ... read the fifth paragraph, then skip to the header "pay attention to the sodium".. read the paragraph above that header and all the paragraphs below it.

Beware I heard two test kits got banned by the FDA for false positives and negatives. Not sure which brands though.
I read that also a couple weeks ago, can't find it now. I do know, remember checking, those two the FDA banned are not one's the US govt ordered from China. $1.28 billion we paid for them, they better work.
While looking for what manufacturer they were I saw a article "China brings back anal swab testing for COVID two weeks before Winter Olympics"
https://www.sportbible.com/australi...abs-ahead-of-beijing-winter-olympics-20220124
:eek::sick

I read that also a couple weeks ago, can't find it now. I do know, remember checking, those two the FDA banned are not one's the US govt ordered from China. $1.28 billion we paid for them, they better work.
While looking for what manufacturer they were I saw a article "China brings back anal swab testing for COVID two weeks before Winter Olympics"
https://www.sportbible.com/australi...abs-ahead-of-beijing-winter-olympics-20220124
:eek::sick
Is that this
20220204_093719.jpg

Ah well… I know another cat will come along. She did have a long run! And she could have gone longer but the day we had her put down she had a seizure and it really messed with her. She was walking in circles, ect. It was just too hard to watch. Sammy was something else.

View attachment 2979500

I just want to find the right cat first, you know? Someone who needs me.
I so understand - both about the devastating loss and wanting the "Right One." You probably won't have to actively search ... just keep an open heart. The Right One always finds YOU!

And just so the females know (the biological ones) my wife's time of the month has changed. One week early and more than twice as long and currently still is. She's very concerned about that.
Just after her second vaccination shot
If she's worried, have her talk to her doctor. Lots of things can mess with a woman's cycles - catching the flu, taking an antibiotic or steroid, a stressful event (wedding/death/Holiday,) even a diet. That's just the nature of hormones. They're fickle!

I just lost a cousin to Covid. That's the second Covid death in my family in less than a month. The cases are completely unrelated, which actually scares me more than if they had contracted it together. It's weird how all the banter, the rhetoric, the finger-pointing, the wild-hair theories and sound judgement alike become pointless and empty when those you love start dying.
Rest in Peace, Rich. I will miss your ready smile and your booming laugh.

Back
Top Bottom