Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Can't find hand sanitizers anywhere. Target had a sign that you could only buy so many BUT
all the shelves there were empty.

Got toilet paper (extra) which don't really need, have a large pkg not opened - bought it b-4 Xmas.

Dollar Tree - cleaned out, couldn't find any similar products at Wally or Tarzhay, for cleaning hands. But, they had something to wipe down tables etc. I got a couple packets of those.They don't sound user friendly. Label says after use, thoroughly scrub down area, used on

The senior bus transportation dispatcher told me buses all have face masks if needed.

I have found most of our seniors do not get flu shots, some don't even see doctors or dentists. Honestly they pull their own teeth - diagnose themselves and treat with OTC products - not knowing what they really have.

This seriously breaks my heart. Are the seniors uninsured, under insured, or just set in their ways? I imagine this is the case in many places. That, along with other factors, makes it nearly impossible to know exactly how many have it and to keep it from spreading. Today is the first time I've heard anyone admit that it's worse/deadlier than the flu. It seems like people are either terrified over it or they're annoyed with everyone over reacting about it. I know we have some cases here in NC and yes, I'm worried about it. My mom, dad and myself all have compromised immune systems. The only product that I've had difficulty finding is some N95 face masks. I did end up finding a box of them but it was the last box. I needed the masks for spraying my coops and duck house, so the masks ended up being a little more than double the price of the permethrin.

No TP, soap, hand sanitizer or bread left in any of the shops near me..
At least I have plenty of eggs.. lol
B09DC621-C5BF-4DC5-8B28-C4425D22F783.jpeg

Thanks, ChocolateMouse. Yes, every death matters. ...even though we're all going to die of something someday. And every contact matters because we don't know who is walking around asymptomatic and shedding the virus. It could be any one of us while there's no mechanism in place for testing the general population.

That doesn't mean panic. It means we have a responsibility to be thoughtful and deliberate in what we touch and how we go about our lives for the time being. Today in the truest way possible, we are all our brothers' keeper.

Well, a lady lost it ... Was just in CVS.. Saw a man whose cart was FULL to the brim with hand sanitizer, baby wipes, soaps, everything that people need !! She called him selfish, and gave him a low down about the elderly, moms, and people who need these types of things. Told him he should be freaking ashamed of himself !
He said: “Are you done? Cause I really need to get back to restocking the shelves now.”

IMHO, a metered, calm, deliberate, mindful, and balanced response is good. It's definitely a bigger deal than the seasonal flu, but it's not 10,000 people walking around with Ebola.

OH, how funny! Look at the ad I just got while typing this!!

The problem IMO is the media's hyping it up like crazy, and people latch onto it and join in the frenzy. Obviously when an entire nursing home is on lock down, or the NBA is suspending games the rest of the season, that's big juicy news. My mother doesn't even live in the US but she's been sending me news links for my area daily, as she's convinced I'm on the verge of dying because I haven't yet locked myself in an underground bunker with the chickens and a 2 year supply of canned beans.

Meanwhile thousands of people die each year from the flu...

Best toilet paper "ad" I've gotten so far is a company promising a free roll of toilet paper if you act now to reserve a slot for pressure washing.

90% rubbing alcohol mixed with some aloe vera gel is also a quick way to make hand sanitizer!!

Except there's no rubbing alcohol available either. And many sources have said that homemade sanitizer is not the same as the actual thing.

I don't trust sanitizers anyhow. Handwashing is far better, gets germs, dirt, grime, grease all at the same time.

Poll: Are people making the coronavirus a bigger deal than it needs to be or Are we not making a big enough deal about it??
I think it depends on each individual perspective and what our situation is. My dad is 90 and has had valley fever in his lungs and pneumonia. It wouldn't be good for him. My husband has asthma, my grandson as well. Do I worry? Of course. Am I going to panic? No. I am going to limit trips to the store but we're not particularly social so that's our biggest risk.

I think international travel should have been stopped a long time ago and we're closing the barn door after the horse is out.

Back
Top Bottom