Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I live in a area where there were 2 confirmed cases in my county and last time I checked 4 in the state (Tennessee). They have over 70 people in quarantine and like all love posts people are panic stockpiling everything. TP is gone all bleach, lysol, hand sanitizer, basically anything of that sort is gone. People aren't really leaving their houses. I went to Ikea the other day and at most there was thirty cars there. Maybe over 60 people in total at the store. Im not so worried about the virus im more worried about what panic riddled people will do.

I'm in the high risk group, old with underlying health conditions including asthma. I normally do my major shopping when my retirement check comes in once a month so I'm generally OK. Hearing about this virus and the way it was spreading had me a little concerned so I doubled up on my shopping. I even including stocking up on chicken supplies. I'm in Massachusetts near the New Hampshire border and there are cases all around my community, but fortunately not in it yet. I figure it's only a matter of time. As far as people hoarding hand sanitizer and TP, the TP hoarding is a common occurrence when bad weather is predicted, so not really surprised. Hand sanitizer: most people are younger and have multiple family members, so of course they want to take care of them. So please be a bit kinder to those "hoarders." This is one way that makes them feel that they have some tiny bit of control over this whole situation. Demonizing them only creates more anger and frustration. Self care is more productive than venting. Stay healthy all. :old

First off, I don’t know why I can no longer get my pictures to show in my posts. GRRR! Just started yesterday. I’m sorry. I hope it can still be clicked on.

I live in Alabama, one of the very few last states not to have any active cases of Covid 19, but it’s only a matter of time, I’m sure.

I think most places here are low on cleaning supplies, sanitizer, masks, and yeah, toilet paper. (It’s a dang respiratory virus, people!) Plain old soap and water will clean your hands and your butt. :barnie

However, one thing I have (and I’m sure others do as well) that I believe is an excellent sanitizer/disinfectant is Oxine (pictured) that I use for sanitizing my chicken stuff. It is a fungicidal - bactericidal - virucidal. I realize it is targeted for animals, but I can’t help but believe it would also work for people to. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Anyway, it might be worth looking into. I purchased mine on Amazon. Here is the name and website of the company.

Bio-Cide International Inc.
Norman, Oklahoma 73070
www.bio-cide.com

Can’t hurt! Everyone stay safe. Go hug your birds.

Attachments

• 985E7829-318F-4BF0-B6B6-5E9458ECB7EF.jpeg
    985E7829-318F-4BF0-B6B6-5E9458ECB7EF.jpeg
    528.8 KB · Views: 5
First off, I don’t know why I can no longer get my pictures to show in my posts. GRRR! Just started yesterday. I’m sorry. I hope it can still be clicked on.

I live in Alabama, one of the very few last states not to have any active cases of Covid 19, but it’s only a matter of time, I’m sure.

I think most places here are low on cleaning supplies, sanitizer, masks, and yeah, toilet paper. (It’s a dang respiratory virus, people!) Plain old soap and water will clean your hands and your butt. :barnie

However, one thing I have (and I’m sure others do as well) that I believe is an excellent sanitizer/disinfectant is Oxine (pictured) that I use for sanitizing my chicken stuff. It is a fungicidal - bactericidal - virucidal. I realize it is targeted for animals, but I can’t help but believe it would also work for people to. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Anyway, it might be worth looking into. I purchased mine on Amazon. Here is the name and website of the company.

Bio-Cide International Inc.
Norman, Oklahoma 73070
www.bio-cide.com

Can’t hurt! Everyone stay safe. Go hug your birds.
And make sure you read the label really well.

Back
Top Bottom