Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

A researcher or a doctor conducting a trial would select subjects who are good candidates for the drugs in question. Someone practicing medicine without a license over the television isn't taking any care at all how it effects people. Consequently, people who are silly enough to listen to such a person should be aware of the potential effects. So here is what WebMD tells us.

Side Effects of Hydroxychloroquine SULFATE
Nausea, stomach cramps, loss of appetite, diarrhea, dizziness, or headache may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including: arm/leg/back pain, slow heartbeat, symptoms of heart failure (such as shortness of breath, swelling ankles/feet, unusual tiredness, unusual/sudden weight gain), hair loss/color change, mental/mood changes (e.g., anxiety, depression, rare thoughts of suicide, hallucinations), ringing in the ears/hearing loss, worsening of skin conditions (e.g., psoriasis), severe stomach/abdominal pain, severe nausea/vomiting, easy bleeding/bruising, signs of infection (e.g., fever, persistent sore throat), dark urine, yellowing eyes/skin.
This medication may rarely cause low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). Tell your doctor right away if you develop symptoms of low blood sugar, such as sudden sweating, shaking, hunger, blurred vision, dizziness, or tingling hands/feet. If you have diabetes, be sure to check your bloodsugars regularly. Your doctor may need to adjust your diabetes medication.
This medication may rarely cause serious (sometimes permanent) eye problems or muscle/nerve damage, especially if you take it for a long time. Get medical help right away if you have any very serious side effects, including: sensitivity to light, vision changes (e.g., blurred vision, seeing light flashes/streaks/halos, missing/blacked-out areas of vision), muscle weakness, numbness/tingling/pain of the arms/legs.
Get medical help right away if you have any very serious side effects, including: chest pain, fast/irregular heartbeat, severe dizziness, fainting, seizures.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), dizziness, trouble breathing.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

Stomach upset, diarrhea/loose stools, nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Tell your doctor right away if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: hearing changes (such as decreased hearing, deafness), eye problems (such as drooping eyelids, blurred vision), difficulty speaking/swallowing, muscle weakness, signs of liver problems (such as unusual tiredness, persistent nausea/vomiting, severe stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine).
Get medical help right away if any of these rare but serious side effects occur: fast/irregular heartbeat, severe dizziness, fainting.
This medication may rarely cause a severe intestinal condition (Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea) due to a resistant bacteria. This condition may occur during treatment or weeks to months after treatment has stopped. Do not use anti-diarrhea or opioid medications if you have any of the following symptoms because these products may make them worse. Tell your doctor right away if you develop: persistent diarrhea, abdominal or stomach pain/cramping, blood/mucus in your stool.
Use of this medication for prolonged or repeated periods may result in oral thrush or a new yeast infection. Contact your doctor if you notice white patches in your mouth, a change in vaginal discharge, or other new symptoms.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: fever that doesn't go away, new or worsening lymph node swelling, rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
An allergic reaction to this medication may return even if you stop the drug. If you have an allergic reaction, continue to watch for any of the above symptoms for several days after your last dose.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

Just read an article about "flattening the curve" in WA state and how it has changed projected numbers (assuming people continue to follow guidelines) and allowed for ventilators to be sent to other states that need them now:

Washington state appears to be flattening its “curve” — the impact on the hospital system at any one time — according to the latest analysis from the University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME). The IHME models suggest the state hit “peak resource use” on April 2 and project daily COVID-19 deaths will peak today, April 6, before dropping to 18 deaths per day during April 7-9 and declining slowly from there.

The model also revises its estimates of deaths in Washington sharply downward, to 632. Earlier model results had suggested about 1,400 people in the state were likely to die from the disease.

Washington will return more than 400 of the 500 ventilators it recently received from the federal government, so they can go to New York and other states harder hit by the coronavirus crisis

Also, that uncomfy bias gets even more uncomfy based on race. A lot of asians and black people have taken to not wearing masks or other face coverings because of racial profiling in stores. If you wear a mask you make it safer for other people - including racial minorities who might be sick - to wear a mask. If everyone wears a mask it helps make it OK for everyone to wear masks.

Or I could get assaulted or spat on because of it, sigh. I know that's paranoia but sometimes I feel like you can't win either way...

Interestingly I don't see seniors around here wearing masks either - my guess is the seniors who are still out getting their own groceries also fall into the do-it-myself, don't-tell-me-what-to-do category that makes up the bulk of the retirees here. The types who still chop down a tree for wood each winter. It's very specifically younger Caucasians who are wearing them in this area. I haven't seen a single homemade mask yet either.

Interestingly I don't see seniors around here wearing masks either - my guess is the seniors who are still out getting their own groceries also fall into the do-it-myself, don't-tell-me-what-to-do category that makes up the bulk of the retirees here. The types who still chop down a tree for wood each winter. It's very specifically younger Caucasians who are wearing them in this area. I haven't seen a single homemade mask yet either.

I fit that description to a T. ...except that I'm wearing a mask, gloves and shortly, I hope, goggles when I go out.

Masks and gloves have been pretty standard gear for all ages in Los Angeles for a couple weeks now. I was about a median adapter. People here have been doing it voluntarily before the official recommendation came down.

So glad you got and took advantage of that warning!

On another topic, it's clear English is your second language and yet you're doing GREAT!

I try to learn other languages. I really try but it just doesn't work for me and I'm terrified to use what little I've ever mastered. I admire your confidence and your skill!
I started using DuoLingo again like a month or month or two ago but then I stopped using it :oops: only used it like a few weeks then lost interest/forgot as usual. :oops: I wanna start back up with it again though cause I really do want to learn haha

I did Spanish in school and I sucked at it 😂😂

Doing German on the app.

I actually wanted to learn it in case I ever met my German friend, which was super close to happening, but then Coronavirus effed it up so that’s partly why I stopped too, since I didn’t really have a reason anymore.

:eek:

And that is smart!! Maybe I need to put stuff in the waaaaaaayyyyyyy in the back of that high cabinet so I can’t get it!! It’s really deep and a couple weeks ago I accidentally put some muffins too far back so no one else would eat them and I was struggling to reach them 😂🙈

And my dad has a tendency to do that!! He’ll put the mugs or whatever up high. I move it back so my mom can reach them lol
No...you need to practice not buying the crap to begin with.

Beetov-Hen update. I went to the yard, found her in the barn/coop and asked her if she'd be interested in taking on another missing persons case. She looked at me as if to say "NO, Just go away and let me lay this egg". so I did..... I don't think she's feeling well today.:confused:
Oh no!!! Better put someone else on the case!!! Doesn’t @21hens-incharge have bloodhounds?? Or someone does. I haven’t heard from @2 many chickens in a while so I hope they have not already hurt her. ;) :fl

I'm way behind and not able to read all posts to catch up.
Did I miss anything good?

All races and ages are wearing masks here...no problems for anyone.

I get the impression that some of you don't live among as many races as I do. We don't see race/color here like some of y'all's areas do.

Last edited:
No...you need to practice not buying the crap to begin with.
:lau I haven’t bought anything in a while!! I’ve been good!! Actually, my parents are the ones who keep buying crap lately :lau :th

I haven’t even gone anywhere in weeks lol shockingly enough.

I will say though I’ve been eating a lot of birthday cake lately. :oops:

But that’s the only thing. And only cause we still have some left from my birthday last week. But I’ve been eating tons of veggies lately too. :D

Back
Top Bottom