Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Stores are certainly adapting quickly here too.
The numbers allowed inside are being limited, curbside is being encouraged and cones are being used. Many stores here have people assigned to wipe down carts before allowing a customer to get one.

I certainly appreciate the efforts of all the stores staff.

If you need it to make masks, pull it out and I'll talk you through using the machine. The actual masks are SOOOOO easy and there is an excellent tutorial.
You said what i was thinking! Lol. The way im making them its just 5 straight lines to sew the mask and two for the elastic. They are SUPER easy and FAST (i spend an hour and make 10!)

I love this, @SnapdragonQ ! I love horses, and there is such diversity among them and they are all so beautiful and majestic and magnificent. And dogs, wow, talk about diversity! And what about birds, an unbelievable richness of diversity! From hummingbirds to swans to eagles to chickens to robins to spoonbills to ostriches, what an amazing Mind created all those, so different yet so much the same! These all enrich our world.... so why should people be like cookie cutters, all the same? No! Let us be different like flowers or trees or bushes. Let us be gems of a different color to bring glory to our world, let us bloom in different sizes and colors and shapes and let us sing our different songs.
Thank you! You said it even better than me.

I'm not an overly religious person, but.... If God can make and paint such a beautiful diverse world with thousands of different tree species, millions of different animal species, and flowers...I can't even begin to cover all the beautiful flowers and the delightful smells...why should he not also make such beautiful and diverse people? People need to stop and consider that.

Why do we get hung up on the fact that this person doesn't look like that person, yet the idea of having a flower garden with only one type and color of flower isn't appealing?
It's jut not compatible. Give me lots of flowers in all shapes and colors, give me 200 hundred breeds of dogs, or chickens, or horse, or cattle to choose from, yet please...whatever you do...make all the people look me, think like me, and act like me. I just don't get it. :idunno
Yes, I know man is the one who shaped many of the animal breeds out there, but again...it's the insatiable appetite of man who wants choices and diversity all around him, yet fears someone who does not look like him.

I may not agree with every culture's ideas or practices, but I can appreciate the beauty and the positives about them and know they are looking at me and wondering why I/my culture does what it does too.

You said what i was thinking! Lol. The way im making them its just 5 straight lines to sew the mask and two for the elastic. They are SUPER easy and FAST (i spend an hour and make 10!)

Can you share how you are making yours?
A video link is an awesome thing if you are following a video.

Race issues: As far as race goes, I believe in winning! I have a pretty fast car, but not as fast as some others. I just try my best to stay on the inside and be cautious of other drivers. If I make a mistake, it could cause a crash hurting myself or others. So, I drive as careful as I can!
Any other racial discrimination talk, bias or slander of any ethnic diversity, is plain ignorant and stupid!

Just discussing this with DW, I really need new glasses. She says go get some. Can't closed duh.. She says they should be open soon can't shut down life forever. :hmm
I can relate. The nose piece on my glasses broke and I'm not wearing them because they hurt. Life is literally a blur :gig

I can relate. The nose piece on my glasses broke and I'm not wearing them because they hurt. Life is literally a blur :gig
If you have the prescription you can order online. I never get glasses at the Drs office. I usually oder from Zenni. There are a few others and it's really easy plus easy on the wallet.

If you have the prescription you can order online. I never get glasses at the Drs office. I usually oder from Zenni. There are a few others and it's really easy plus easy on the wallet.
Can't do that, I have curved lenses that require a specialty vendor and need a new prescription.

Back
Top Bottom