Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I got 5 of them for $17.99 on Amazon. They are 5 gallon and I swear by them. I have grown a lot of things in them and the plants seem to grow way better than they would in the ground due to the air flow that they get.

We have bad soil for planting because it's red clay. We have to either do buckets, fabric pots, or above ground garden boxes.
I got the same clay. :D Pretty pretty red.....
Amending like crazy is working for the rose beds, but for the veggies I've done raised beds, muck tubs, buckets, giant pots, grow boxes, mounds of compost/dirt mix...I'll grab whatever I can whenever it's on clearance because I'm too cheap top get the real ones. I save feed bags too. Good for growing and sewing into shopping bags.

My best garden bed is where I started a lasagna garden the winter before planting on the ground. Cut grass, shredded paper, straw, whatever, and repeat. Topped off with a few bags of soil at planting time and it's done really well.
I've looked into straw bale gardening, but honestly am afraid of the chemicals used on the crops in the fields before the dried stuff is baled for straw.

I got the same clay. :D Pretty pretty red.....
Amending like crazy is working for the rose beds, but for the veggies I've done raised beds, muck tubs, buckets, giant pots, grow boxes, mounds of compost/dirt mix...I'll grab whatever I can whenever it's on clearance because I'm too cheap top get the real ones. I save feed bags too. Good for growing and sewing into shopping bags.

My best garden bed is where I started a lasagna garden the winter before planting on the ground. Cut grass, shredded paper, straw, whatever, and repeat. Topped off with a few bags of soil at planting time and it's done really well.
I've looked into straw bale gardening, but honestly am afraid of the chemicals used on the crops in the fields before the dried stuff is baled for straw.
I put my rose bushes straight into the clay and they are absolutely loving it, they are growing like crazy.

I first bought them at Lowe's as little twigs that were on clearance and they looked dead, but as soon as I planted them they started growing like weeds.

I'm actually really enjoying isolation because it's keeping me home and with my family.

I'm not bothered by it at all as long as Walmart does pickup I'm good.

That's super great you're doing so well with it. :)

I really rely on my small but tight network of family and friends I see regularly. I don't have that any more. My home feels empty. I love the people in it but it feels barren. I used to have gatherings of at least 2-3 guests at minimum once a week. Usually more. At this time of the year I'd be throwing cookouts and gardening parties and midnight walks to the ice cream shop on the corner and dog rescue events and picnics and and and....

On the BA Test kitchen (great youtube cooking series) they started doing quarantine videos from home and one of the people said they missed having eaters. People to eat their food and share it and I just started crying. I miss having my community I cook for and love. I miss having eaters. I miss my network of love and support very badly.

Do you know how to quote, MissFrizzletheChick? It helps reference what you're agreeing to since there's frequently a time lapse between comments and threads of conversation.

You can choose the "+Quote" in the lower righthand corner to quote an entire comment or highlight a portion and a small "+Quote" toggle will come up in a small blue box directly under the highlighted portion.
Yes, I do. I was just responding to multiple people that were in the conversation so I thought they would be able to tell what I was agreeing with.

I honestly don't get how people get irritated with their family and they can't handle their family though, that makes no sense to me.

I would spend every waking moment with my family and I really like this time that we get to spend together.

I absolutely love my home and my family, there is no other place I would rather be than at my home with my family. Everything that I need is at my home.

I was probably brought up a lot different than many people and our family was very close when I was a child and growing up. I always wanted to spend time with my parents and my siblings. I am brought up on different values and beliefs than probably some other people.

I just don't see how people could be hating their families or their home because they are locked up in it for a couple of weeks or a month.

Life will return back to normal and people will be able to get away from their families and their home, they just have to hold it down for a little while.

I’ve been a stay at home mom for close to 4 years now and I planned on homeschooling so I will continue to be home with my kids 24/7 til they’re 18. So I’m used to it and I love seeing my husband every day, but I do feel we are best friends and can talk all day every day and still have something new to say and discuss. But I am also aware that not everyone has that type of relationship with their family.

Edited to add: my side of the family lives on the other side of the country so I’m used to not seeing them but once a year. And sadly this year I might not see them at all due to this.

That's super great you're doing so well with it. :)

I really rely on my small but tight network of family and friends I see regularly. I don't have that any more. My home feels empty. I love the people in it but it feels barren. I used to have gatherings of at least 2-3 guests at minimum once a week. Usually more. At this time of the year I'd be throwing cookouts and gardening parties and midnight walks to the ice cream shop on the corner and dog rescue events and picnics and and and....

On the BA Test kitchen (great youtube cooking series) they started doing quarantine videos from home and one of the people said they missed having eaters. People to eat their food and share it and I just started crying. I miss having my community I cook for and love. I miss having eaters. I miss my network of love and support very badly.
I still have a bunch of eaters at my house with my husband and kids.

I'm not really missing seeing my friends because we are keeping contact with video calling or texting. Some of us are even playing games against each other on different types of apps.

It's very easy for me I guess to be an isolation because I have been hospitalized for months at a time where I barely had any visitors because not everyone has time in their day to visit you every single day when you are in the hospital.

usually when I'm hospitalized we video call, text, Snapchat, and play games on different types of apps So this is no different to me than being isolated in a hospital room.

I’ve been a stay at home mom for close to 4 years now and I planned on homeschooling so I will continue to be home with my kids 24/7 til they’re 18. So I’m used to it and I love seeing my husband every day, but I do feel we are best friends and can talk all day every day and still have something new to say and discuss. But I am also aware that not everyone has that type of relationship with their family.
So me and you have a similar relationship with our families, that is a very good thing. I'm glad I found somebody who is similar to me 😁

I honestly count the hours until my husband gets home because I like when he's home.

My husband is my best friend too like literally we were best friends before we started dating.

Back
Top Bottom