Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I soooooo identify with this! I'm usually out of the house several hours every day. But I think it's been 4 or 5 days since I've been out at all. And, strangely, I don't mind it much. ...but I am going to the plant nursery later today to replace the Rainbow Chard the insect have eaten to nubs.
4 or 5 days?
I've been out once since March 11th, and that was to stock up on feed and drop off some eggs to senior friends. I did not pass go and I sure didn't go anywhere near places that had spring starts or veggies... :hit

While, my husband and I are committed to doing our part and staying home, I do find it incredibly stressful being stuck at home all the time. I miss having a home that is just a home. It used to be a sanctuary where I could disconnect from some of the other stressors in my life. But now that my home is also where I am expected to do all my professional work (and I work a job that is very poorly suited to telework but I have to telework anyway) and the place where I do all my dissertation research and writing and the place where I do all my regular academic coursework, plus chores, cooking daily life etc. it doesn't feel very sanctuary like. And it makes it almost impossible to get any mental (or physical) distance from work and school obligations. And that is really bad for one's mental health. I am not excusing those that fail to social distance. But please try to empathize with those of us that are really struggling with having to collapse together all the diverse aspects of our life into a single small space. It doesn't mean that we do not love our homes or families.

Tough one, CSAchook! Can you switch between locations for various tasks so you at least get that change of scene? Some time on a patio or backyard? Some time in the kitchen alternated with time in a bedroom? Some time with your husband and some time in separate rooms?

OMG you have some determined animals!!! Haha is like to see a ground hog get up on a deck! They are so short and stubby I am having a hard time imagining them going up the stairs 😂🙈
Ha the yearlings are still nimble enough to chimb trees. Which is handy, the dog runs them up and I take care of them. I would prefer if they would stay out in the old pasture and forest preserve next door. But they insist on digging under foundations and eating gardens. They can climb a 4ft chicken wire fence around the garden, if it's taunt. Floppy fence gives them problems

There's been reports lately that in NYC, where a bunch of G's family is, people have been dying in their apartments alone only to be found later by emergency workers. The actual COVID death count is higher than it is reported because of it. :( So there's gotta be some really dramatic isolation happening.

HORRIFIC!!! ...and it probably shouldn't be a surprise but I hadn't thought of it.

I have a bunch of nanny berry and grapes that I need to plant...

Bushes or from seed? My mother in law has a grape bush or tree whatever it’s called. And the first year it finally produced was the first year I got chickens and they ate all the grapes!! I don’t know if any will grow this year but so far they haven’t free ranged in a month or so since I wanted to be sure the right rooster fertilized the eggs.

Ha the yearlings are still nimble enough to chimb trees. Which is handy, the dog runs them up and I take care of them. I would prefer if they would stay out in the old pasture and forest preserve next door. But they insist on digging under foundations and eating gardens. They can climb a 4ft chicken wire fence around the garden, if it's taunt. Floppy fence gives them problems
Oh wow I had no idea they were so agile or troublesome! Haha reminds me of that movie though though where they’re tearing up the golf course. Groundhog Day I think it was. That was hilarious. Though maybe not for the people actually dealing with it. I’m glad we don’t have groundhogs here.

Yours MUST be related to mine! Hardest da** critter I've had to deal with yet. :rant
They make wild bunnies and deer look like proper lawn decorations because at least those stay off the porch and decks.

I've gotten nearly all the ones that came over from the neighboring property's bank, but I have one very wise, very wily, older female living under the back porch. Gives me the stink eye everytime I see her, then runs under the edge and laughs her butt off at me.

Back
Top Bottom