Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

The only thing I have a lot of is horse manure (or the neighbor's cow plops). Horse manure is not very high in nitrogen (4%). But it certainly keeps the planting areas real nice and soft and fluffy. And it breaks down nicely.
I wish I had horse poop! Do have lots of chicken poop though haha the funny thing though is the best grass always seems to grow right in my garden 😂 gonna try to transplant it this year instead of digging it up. But it’s funny because mere feet away the grass is dead or just bad grass and we have to plant seed in many spots yet in the garden it does super well.

This is my concern about starting them so late :oops:

Might need to just buy tomatoes this year haha

Could just buy started plants. Even with all my seeding I still buy at least 1 started tomato each year.

I don't think I could last any longer that a few days locked up with my mom. God love her but she talks non stop, and much more. I would go nuts!

I can make it about 24 hrs with my mom... it wasn't by accident that I moved out days after I turned 18. :lol: I get along well enough with her as long as I don't see her too much!

ENERGY!!! I think that's all we got left. Think of it as a mandatory vacation. Plant veggies, plant flowers, catch up on your chicken duties, spend hours on the phone or laptop, stay up late, get up late, this is probably a good time of year for a quarantine-warmer weather, spring!
But I have to admit that me and Amazon have become best friends. I think I buy something every day even if it's a necessity. But I shouldn't go to diamonds.com anymore, I find it's too tempting. 🚫
WHY did you mention diamonds.com, I just peeked at it and drooled...guess I have expensive taste cause all the rocks I like are “price upon request”...how much is THAT when they show other pieces up to $750 000!!!!

Could just buy started plants. Even with all my seeding I still buy at least 1 started tomato each year.

I can make it about 24 hrs with my mom... it wasn't by accident that I moved out days after I turned 18. :lol: I get along well enough with her as long as I don't see her too much!
Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking I’m going to have to do haha last year I also ended up buying eggplants, beans, peas, and squash too even though I had bought seeds cause I just forgot to start those 😂

The peas and squash died but everything else did really well and I did get a few squash too. The eggplant was HUGE haha was already pretty big when I bought it but it got massive. Might just buy another eggplant this year 😂

I say candle tonight. You are going to miss the beginning signs of life.
I loved candling mine. :love

I even love looking at the eggs before I even put them in the incubator 😂

I almost screamed when I discovered some of my eggs are fertile already when making breakfast one morning LOL

Not going to set them though unless I get a broody hen.... self control. 😂🙈

Plus we need them for eating since we are super low right now and the only fertile ones are coincidentally also the biggest and best eating ones 😂 so I’m safe.

46F996CC-0DF7-4D46-8B25-F1F9F54309BC.jpeg

I use seedlings from 6-packs or 4" pots for the most part because they don't disappear in a single bite. They still get worked over fairly well but by the time the cotyledon and/or the first leaves begin to disappear a newer, larger set of true leaves grows in and the plant can survive and then go on to thrive.

I don't have grow lights or any place for them so seedlings or the type of seeds that come up hardy when sown in the ground like corn and beans are what I have to rely on.

Back
Top Bottom